Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud build compiles successfully for Android, but not iOS

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by zurfluha, Jan 4, 2016.

1. zurfluha

zurfluha

Cloud build successfully compiles for Android, but not iOS.

I read the thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-cloud-build-succeeds-on-android-but-fails-on-ios.369533/ but wasn't able to discern a fix.

Unsure what the issue is.

One interesting warning the log throws, related to Google Play Games services, is the following:
    ResolutionException: Cannot find candidate artifact for com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:8.1+.

Note: These warnings are also present in the Android build, and do not cause a failure.

Any help/insight is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. zurfluha

zurfluha

3. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

One option here since we don't currently support cocoapods would be to using the Xcode Manipulation API. You would basically just write some simple code inside of a PostProcessBuildAttribute method that adds all of the necessary pieces from the "manual installation" section of the GPG quickstart guide.

You can also see an example of using the XCode Manipulation API here. Let me know if you need more help.

4. zurfluha

zurfluha

Thanks for the info! That's not a bad idea. I will probably tinker around with that.

For those who find this in the future, if you can live without GPG in iOS builds built with UCB you can pass the "NO_GPGS" symbol under advanced options for iOS, which will allow your builds to compile properly (albeit without GPG).

5. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Hello,

I have the same exception error with Cloud Build on iOS :
    "ResolutionException: Cannot find candidate artifact for com.google.android.gmsplay-services-games:8.1+."

Compilation is OK, I'm using the Scripting symbol "NO_GPGS". Don't know yet if everything is working fine when it comes to test the .IPA (don't have a Mac to upload the binary into the AppStore ><). So I want to know if this kind of warning is a problem for the application itself and the review phase !? (~6 days for the review phase, don't want to waste this time if something can be fixed before ^^)

I don't need to use the GooglePlay service on iOS, I already created the same leaderboards and achievements on my iOS App parameters, and I plan to use the default Social API for them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. domdev

domdev

I'm from the future but NO_GPGS did no work :(
    upload_2018-2-8_11-32-8.png