Search Unity

Cloud build blows up with Unity 2019.1.0f2 - An error occurred while resolving packages

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by LurchUSA, Apr 17, 2019.

1. LurchUSA

LurchUSA

Since upgrading to Unity 2019.1.0f2, I am getting failures with cloud build. The log shows this:

101: [Unity] An error occurred while resolving packages:
    102: [Unity] Project has invalid dependencies:
    103: [Unity] com.unity.package-manager-ui: Package [com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.1.2] cannot be found
    104: [Unity] Package com.unity.analytics@3.3.2 has invalid dependencies:
    105: [Unity] com.unity.ugui: Package [com.unity.ugui@1.0.0] cannot be found
    106: [Unity] Package com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.0 has invalid dependencies:
    107: [Unity] com.unity.ugui: Package [com.unity.ugui@1.0.0] cannot be found
    108: [Unity] A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of /BUILD_PATH/qpass-ios-development/Packages/manifest.json file.

So how on earth do I go about fixing this... if it's something that I can fix?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @LurchUSA,

Thank you for reporting this. I reviewed your projects and believe I have found the project that you are referring to. It appears to be configured to use "Latest 2018.x".

Please can you configure your Build Targets to be the same as what you are using locally and confirm if you are still seeing issues?

Hope this helps.

3. LurchUSA

LurchUSA

Thanks for the tip. Do I do this on Cloud Build itself? Or within Unity?

4. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @LurchUSA,

You do this via the Developer Dashboard
    1. Select your Project
    2. Select Cloud Build > Config from the left hand menu
    3. Select Edit Basic Info for your affected Build Target
    4. Change Unity Version to desired value and save changes
    5. Start a new build!

Hope this helps.

5. LurchUSA

LurchUSA

Thanks, giving that a shot now. However I've never had to change this value before, with this project starting in 2017, through 2018 and now into 2019, but if it fixes the issue then I'm happy with that.

6. victorw

victorw

Just to clarify, the reason this is happening is that this error is correct -
    com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.1.2
    is not compatible with Unity version 2018.3 versions and yet it appears to be required by 2019.1.0f2.

This means that when you first run your project in 2019.1 it will automatically update to this new version of package-manager-ui - including modifying your project manifest in the background. Then when you attempt to run it in an older version of Unity it will attempt to download this newer version of package-manager-ui which it is not compatible with, and naturally that will fail.

I'll pass this information onto the package manager team. The reason you haven't experienced this before is because package management was less critical to the Unity ecosystem in the past. Hopefully we can make improvements to our processes to reduce the frequency of this issue occurring, however to a certain extent this is just a new version of an old and unavoidable error when running the same project in multiple Unity versions. Previously you would have instead experienced e.g. a mysterious missing reference issue.

ollieblanks and Deleted User like this.
  7. renman3000

renman3000

I just ran into the same issue.

I followed @ollieblanks steps, but I am unable to alter a Target.

HELP

8. unity_KKivsJxJinK6kg

unity_KKivsJxJinK6kg

Same here! Following this thread for the solution!

9. victorw

victorw

@renman3000 @unity_KKivsJxJinK6kg From what I can see it looks like neither of you have Cloud Build access so this is expected behavior. Are you experiencing this issue locally or in cloud build? If you're experiencing it in cloud build then please submit a support ticket so I can investigate why your account isn't showing your cloud build permissions correctly.

If you're having difficulty working with package manager locally then you could get all members of your team to upgrade to 2019.1f02 or ask for help downgrading your Unity version in the Package Manger forum.

10. unity_KKivsJxJinK6kg

unity_KKivsJxJinK6kg

I am a student, so I have Standrad Unity version, can i get this Cloud Build access with a normal account? Or I should need some specific payed version. Because I cannot afford anything like that, if needed :/ Only if you have student supported version.

11. renman3000

renman3000

Hi guys,
    I reiterated back to 2018 and have a solution as my project had updated its manifest.json to 2019, so the solution I would imagine would work, if you are moving into 2019, from 2018.

Create a new project, in which ever version of Unity you are now using. Copy its manifest.json. Paste this into your project (which will not open in Unity), manifest.json.

Problem solved.

12. fahadasghar360_unity

fahadasghar360_unity

To solve this problem go to Help>Reset Packages in Unity and problem will be solved.
    If not then delete the <Project-Root>>Packages>manifest.json file. So, unity will auto generate the new file. These are the two best solutions for this

13. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

Fresh install of 2019.b3 gave me errors out the wazoo from minute one..Help>Reset fixed them
    thank you

reinfeldx likes this.
  14. runonthespot

runonthespot

Not sure if relevant, but I had similar errors, when using something other than git master branch for builds.

15. siscoartz

siscoartz

you have a drop-down menu with a list of 4 services, and collab hidden under a scroll down, SERIOUSLY!