Search Unity

Cloud Build Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by bdrelling, Apr 26, 2016.

1. bdrelling

bdrelling

Hey guys.

When I install a build from UCB, whether it is Windows, iOS, or Android, it only opens up with a blank screen of the camera background.

I have my scene "Main.unity" set to be the first to run. In this scene, I have changed the camera color to make sure updates are being applied. I can always see this color change occur when UCB sends me successful builds.

However, it doesn't seem to load both the rest of the scene or any other scene. I just can't tell what's going on, where any error occurs, or anything.

When I run locally, whether in development build mode or not, it works perfectly. Scenes are set up in Build Settings and everything else is smooth.

Any ideas?

2. TonyTang0529

TonyTang0529

Did you get the solution for your problem? I met the same problem as you. I am not sure whether the scenes has been packed into game through Unity Cloud Build. The game works perfectly if I manualy build Xcode project on Mac, but with Unity cloud build, I only can see black screen and "development build" text on screen.

3. LazyMammal

LazyMammal

I'm also getting a white screen with the Unity Cloud Build. Local builds are fine.

Edit: Unity splash screen shows, then just white. Local Win32 build is okay. Cloud Build Win32 build is showing this behaviour.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. saguiitay

saguiitay

Same here.
    Splash screen, then an empty white screen

5. TonyTang0529

TonyTang0529

I am not sure whether the problem I solved below is the cause of your problem. Just write down what I have done, hope it can help your guys.
    I saw there is a error in Cloud build:
    "
    47: [xcode] Could not find service "com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService" in domain for uid: 501
    48: [xcode] 2016-08-25 14:48:44.644 xcodebuild[2288:8751] launchctl print returned an error code: 28928
    49: [xcode] 2016-08-25 14:48:44.662 xcodebuild[2288:8751] Failed to locate a valid instance of CoreSimulatorService in the bootstrap. Adding it now.
    "

I did some search by using key words "launchctl print returned an error code: 28928" on google
    I found the page below:
    http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist

Looks like it is Xcode 7.2 bug, we need use XCode 7.3.
    So I double checked Unity Cloud build setting and log, I found I have set Xcode version to latest, but log shows "
    + Building with Xcode 7.2.1", So I manually change UCB Xcode version to 7.3 and try build again, finally I found error has gone, but unluckly, the game is still not working.

At last, I uploaded the version works on local build to git, and Unity Cloud Build works well as local build.(There are too many files has been changed with add or remove one extra blank lineI, so I counld not tell which file cause this different behaviour)

Any suggestions would be appreciate.

6. TonyTang0529

TonyTang0529

I found that the unity cloud build works well after I uploaded the version works on Mac to git. It works now, even I submit local changes to git on Windows. Still not know what the cause of black screen is, but the problem did have gone. Hope this help your guys.

7. andyli

andyli

I encountered the same issue. My problem was that I forgot to add the sense to build settings (Files -> Build Settings...).