Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud Build Agent not large enough for project

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by bhubble, Sep 20, 2018.

1. bhubble

bhubble

My organization is setting up Cloud Build and have paid to expand our cloud storage to 75 GB and are only using 8GB of that, currently. However whenever we attempt to build it fails while cloning our repo and gives the following error:

postcheckoutstatus failed. This project is too large for a standard build agent (25.52 GB). Please contact us to expand your Cloud Build account: http://unity3d.com/contact/get-in-touch?type=services-cloudbuild

How can we expand the build agent to use the space we are paying for and which should be sufficient for our (admittedly very large) project?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @bhubble,

It is a common misconception that Cloud Storage is used in conjunction with the Cloud Build service, when actually, Cloud Storage is solely for the purpose of storing your project files on Collaborate.

The error message suggests that your repository is 25.52GB in size which is just above the suggested size of 25GB for standard build agents.

My suggestion would be to bring down the size of your repository by removing or separating art source files and unused assets from the repository.

Hope that helps!

3. aruttle

aruttle

@ollieblanks Are there other build agents types that support projects greater than 25GB?

4. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

@aruttle, I have received your support request and will be responding shortly.

But for the benefit of the community...

We understand that the standard build agents do not meet the requirements of all of our customers, especially ones with repositories larger than 25GB. Unfortunately, we are moving away from offering bespoke dedicated build agents at this time and are currently in the planning stages of adding more customization options which will allow users to upgrade the resources on build agents and get optimum performance out of the service.

threebeerhonesty and Jzitnik64 like this.
  5. threebeerhonesty

threebeerhonesty

Is there an ETA on these new services? I just hit this limitation myself.

6. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

@threebeerhonesty, please log a support ticket via the Cloud Build section of the dashboard and we will see what we can do for you.