Search Unity

Cloud Based Push Notification Options For 2015 - Opinions Requested

Discussion in 'Android' started by games, Jan 9, 2015.

1. games

games

Is anyone familiar with this backend push notification company called Pushwoosh? Haven't seen much discussion on the boards and after seeing StackMob be gobbled up by PayPal in May of 2014 and then crushed, I'm being careful here.

How about Parse? The SDK for Unity they provide does not include push notification so it does not work unfortunately for those of us seeking push.

What's left?

Any suggestions as of January 2015?

Ideally, I need Android, iOS, WP8, Amazon, BB, and nook would be awesome but that's not do-able based on nook device limitations.

2. games

games

Okay, after weighing all of the push notification options out there, I've decided to go with a company called GameThrive

Hi community! I've been scouring the web for some kind of push notification service the past week to integrate with my apps. Fortunately, I stumbled upon this thread 2 days ago. The customer support has been stellar and timely. I was able to integrate onto WP8 and Amazon with little difficulty. I'm currently working on Android and then iOS.

I've been developing on Unity for 4 years, have no vested interest in this company whatsoever. I'm just so grateful to finally have push capabilities for my apps and I highly recommend this plugin to anyone with similar needs.