Search Unity

Cloud based IDE that supports UnityApi

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Denchyaknow, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Would you like the ability to code in the cloud with unitys api?

1. YES CAUSE UNITY IS THE BEST!

100.0%
  2. No, Im lame and would rather use monodevelop ide...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

Hi guys, I've been looking everywhere and stopped at Visual Studio Team services. sure there some auto completion and my project imported fine but it does not auto complete variables or method from other scripts and classes. I might be a bit spoiled by Visual studios lol, So has anyone found anything better? I would just like basic code editing that you'd get form vs code or monodev or visual studio but in the cloud. I did some searching on Cloud9 IDE but im not sure on how to get access to unity API library does anyone know how? I just want to code from chrome please help if u can. I also thought about just renting a virtual machine and setting up visual studios So i can remote connect and code on the go, does anyone have good stories of using such techniques? Unity please give collab its own IDE, k thx :)

Or if anyone knows how to integrate Unitys api into almost any IDE that would help too, I know almost nothing on how to configure IDEs other that changes wallpaper or fonts...

2. Dameon_

Dameon_

Just put Visual Studio on a laptop or tablet?

3. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

just put VS on a laptop, like you need some sort of laptop of workstation to access it anyways, so just put a proper ide on your hardware, and use git for versioning your project.

4. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

Sorry for the late reply, I already use a laptop with VS but I am not allowed to bring it into work, and the computers are only allowed chrome to be installed, I can use extensions however. if anyone knows of any good Cloud IDEs and can get them working with Mono and the unity api with inheritance, please let me know.

5. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

if you work has issue with bring in your personal laptop, and has such locked down computers i would assume they would have issue with any personal use of there hardware.

lordofduct likes this.
  6. lordofduct

lordofduct