Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloud-based game design

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ryand-unity, May 25, 2019.

?

Interest in Cloud development

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 0

100.0%
  1. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

I'm working on a little project and I'm wondering how many people would be interested. Basically I'm in the progress of building a server one capable of running multiple desktops it will have top end GPU 3 RTX 2080Ti and a dual CPU Intel Xeon with 40-plus cores. Basically for a monthly price you would be able to log on to the server on a schedule to work on your projects from your own personal laptop none of the files you work on will be saved the server unless you want them to be and your files will only be accessed able to you. Let's say you have a cheap laptop or desktop that doesn't have high-end Graphics but you will need that for your game development My Cloud Server would be able to offer you the processing power and the graphics power to build your games through remote access I would like to see how many people are interested before I continue and if this is something you would want to try.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. YBtheS

YBtheS

For an agreeable price I'd be interested assuming the latency is tolerable from where I live. Also doesn't that already exist here and here and on many other services?

3. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

Mine is going to be very specifically designed for game development and my price will be fairly reasonable before I can determine a good price that I need to see how many people will actually be interested I'm thinking anywhere from 30 to $40 a month moreover my server will allow you to access the files already on your own computer and open them in the server without actually putting them on it so all your files are safe and secure within your own hands you're only opening through the system and I will be catering specifically to the needs of the people using my system

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  4. YBtheS

YBtheS

Okay but the other services offer much better coverage in terms of latency and I assume much greater security. My Unity project still needs to be put on your hard drive to open it where it may be liable to pirating even if it is later wiped. Unless I misunderstand. Other services also offer multiple operating systems. As for the price though, that is pretty cheap when looking at the specs and comparing it to Amazon's service.

5. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

No need to put your folders on my system at all my system will be able to open it through your system and run it through your system you will not need to pick any of your folders files or software on My server in order for you to open or run them all you have to do is connect your computer virtually

6. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

That would be a shared folder option on the desktop and it will only be the folder you select to share with my system my system will only have access to it when you log on when you log off your files will not be on my server at all

7. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

I understand people like to keep their projects protected and safe from other people only you will be able to view the files in the files will remain on your computer alone I have projects like that myself and I understand that I don't want anyone to look at them or see them or have any access to them so I respect that and I plan to incorporate that into my system

8. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

As for security you'll have a personal VPN connecting you to my server. As far as latency that would depend on your network and location

9. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

The reverse is also true if I have any projects that I need Freelancers to work on I can give them specific access to the server to work on specific projects none of the files will thay be able to download or copy to their computer but only access on the server to modify and make changes to it

10. YBtheS

YBtheS

Fair enough. So if my computer were not powerful enough handle whatever I was creating then yes, I would be interested in your service assuming that you were in my area so that I wouldn't have latency problems.

11. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

If you're in the u.s. latency shouldn't be an issue as for overseas I do not know.

12. YBtheS

YBtheS

It might be a problem if you have multiple people connected to your computer which are using up your bandwidth. It would be fine if your internet speed can handle that though.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  13. neoshaman

neoshaman

14. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

The server I'm designing is more for Company use I was hopeing to expand it to make it more worth wild and offer a service that I can have multiple people use As well as the company For Multiple design teams on a single system

15. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure how useful it really is though. 90+% of game development, even for graphics heavy games, doesn't actually need anything better than integrated graphics. QA testing is what really needs the high end graphics, but that is best done on real hardware instead of remote.

I could see something like this useful for video rendering or similar work though.

YBtheS likes this.