Search Unity

Clothing system?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by sdwsk, Sep 4, 2018.

1. sdwsk

sdwsk

Hello guys,
    Recently I was reading about clothing in games and some other associated things. But how to actually create clothing (graphics, actual models, textures etc.) in your game?
    Myself, when I model the character I model the clothing in the same time as body (I use blender, and model all the shirts, pants in one file), then I separate the body (for objects like head, arms, hands, legs, feets, torso) and then texture and animate.
    Inside Unity create a script that would activate and deactivate specified body parts and clothes.
    For me that's actually easiest way, as my game doesn't have advanced textures, but I know it might be difficult in 'normal' games.
    What's your way of creating such a system? And what do you think about my method?
    Cheers ;D
    Siudinho

2. YBtheS

YBtheS

Ryiah likes this.
  3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

ikazrima, sdwsk and Ryiah like this.
  4. sdwsk

sdwsk

BIGTIMEMASTER, that's actually very cool article about the topic. I'm sure I will use this in the future.

5. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Have you tried UMA? With some blender skills you can make clothes for your characters. Non-cloth clothing is merged to your character, saving you set-pass calls. It's come a long way and is getting more user friendly.