Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloth properties with incorrect types

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by jfarias, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jfarias

jfarias

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet since I haven't been actively following the development of Unity 5 but after some searches I couldn't find anything about it.

The Cloth component has some properties that seem to be declared with incorrect types:

-useContinuousCollision and useVirtualParticles are shown in the inspector as bools (and judging by their names, they should be) but are floats;
    -solverFrequency has a default value of 120 in the inspector (and only accepts integers bigger than 0) but is a boolean.

Given that the solverFrequency property is correctly limiting the input, I would think that, in this case, the wrong property is somehow being exposed with its name. Setting it to false shows the error saying that "value must be greater than or equal to 1" and sets it to 1.

I found this using the RC2 but I've just downloaded the RC3 and nothing changed. I don't know if it was ok before since I haven't tried any other version.

Mildly related: the property Use Tethers doesn't seem to be exposed in the API. Is this deliberate?

hmiguel33 likes this.