Search Unity

Cloth physics not rendering on Android

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Tartiflette, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Tartiflette

Tartiflette

I'm experiencing what I believe is a bug in the URP: objects with cloth physics work perfectly fine in the editor but not on Android. I think it could be that the skinned mesh renderer gets culled because the entity doesn't have any bones or morph maps, ignoring the fact that it definitely has a cloth component attached.

To confirm my suspicions I have tried to add a morph map to my mesh, at which point it did start rendering, but no longer received physics. I also tried having the mesh with a skinned renderer without any cloth physics, and it stopped rendering on Android (confirming that the cloth component has nothing to do with it).

Does anyone know if I'm missing something, or if there are workarounds?
    Many thanks

2. cvasquez-coiron

cvasquez-coiron

Which Unity version are you using? I'm facing the same issue with the Cloth component on Android, using Unity 2019.1.6f1.

3. Tartiflette

Tartiflette

I'm using 2019.3.b7 with URP 7.1.2

4. cvasquez-coiron

cvasquez-coiron

5. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Do you see any errors in logcat?

6. BlinksTale

BlinksTale

Hello! I got this error (cloth object not appearing on mobile iOS/Android) and the Xcode log said:
    "CollisionMeshData couldn't be created because the mesh has been marked as non-accessible."

So the fix was to enable read/write in model Import Settings (so go to the asset for the mesh/3d model itself, and click "read/write enabled" to turn it on in inspector). That was it!

brano42, SI-Shawn, DadNapper and 11 others like this.
  7. ArshakKroyan

ArshakKroyan

8. Giannigiardinelli

Giannigiardinelli

Thank you it work !

9. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

To clarify: Read/Write access on the meshes modell that require cloth physics always had to be enabled. I think this is no new behaviour.

10. mahito2932

mahito2932

It work perfectly even without read/write enabled but sometimes it depend a lot from mesh itself. For example if you haven't applied a modifier on blender to your mesh like (mirror or bevel) after building it for android it just disappears, after i applied and rebuild it again it appeared without problems. So i did some tests and result is that modifier can cause that as well.

11. brano42

brano42

Thanks !!!