Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloth Improvements

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by Onigiri, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Onigiri

Onigiri

I see cloth improvements section under 2017.3 on the roadmap, but release notes has nothing about this. Is this will be available in the next betas or its delayed for next releases?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Onigiri,
    The cloth improvements are already implemented, but we're still waiting for the documentation to arrive. Thanks for pointing out the missing release notes. We'll fix that.

3. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Iam also curious about this one, any clue on what is the improvements?

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

5. DanMeyer009

DanMeyer009

I do like the improved painting tools for the cloth but I have to ask. Will we ever be able to import them from a modeling app? Or if not could we have something on there that could convert vertex colors to weights on import? Is the API for cloth open so I could technically write my own importer? I only ask because trying to brush paint many layers of clothing or even hair planes is very difficult and done most easily during the modeling stages. One other question I had is if there is any plans to make it work with integrated wind zones?