Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Scripting Cloth Component Throws Errors in 5.4.0b13

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by pmurph03, Apr 5, 2016.

1. pmurph03

pmurph03

To reproduce the list of errors generated create a new or use an existing project and attach the cloth component to the gameobject. Upon selecting the object in the editor exceptions will be thrown. It can also generate a black screen in the scene view as well in certain circumstances (although I can't figure out how to reproduce this every time)

This issue is similar to this one: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-to-an-object-throws-getlocalizedstring-error

Says fixed in 5.4.0, but it appears the bug has popped back into 5.4.0.b13.

I submitted a bug report with similar information and an almost empty project with just a plane and an added cloth component to demonstrate the bug.

Edit: update from the bug team, "While it says that it is fixed 5.4, the fix should land in one of the upcoming betas. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us."

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Inconveniently, the the error message can stem from a number of sources and we were addressing specific ones.

We've gone back to address the error message from the issue you linked in another manner, so hopefully it globally addresses a number of the concerns.

However, could you post your specific bug # here so we can specifically respond to that in this thread?

3. AlsonEntuna

AlsonEntuna

I also have the same problem :( Our project is using cloth physics and whenever I go to the cloth component of Unity 5.4.0b11 / 12 I gives me the same error.

4. AlsonEntuna

AlsonEntuna

here's the error that I'm getting whenever I open the cloth component

5. SeanParkinson

SeanParkinson

Unity Technologies

Hi,

A fix for these is currently en route to 5.4. It should be available soon. They are not serious errors and are just GUI related.They do not affect the cloth component as such.

Thanks!