Search Unity

Cloth broken on build

Discussion in 'Physics' started by nkyms, Aug 14, 2019.

1. nkyms

nkyms

I have cloth working properly in the Unity project (when pressing Play), but when creating the build, the cloth barely moves and looks totally different.

I have started from scratch, separate from the project I'm working on currently, and tested cloths but the same thing happens.

I have uploaded the results in Game (pressing play (on the left)) and the Built application (on the right) side by side.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rdt9eg46zczcba/Desktop 2019-08-14 - 15-14-06-02.mp4?dl=0

Unity version is 2019.1.6f1

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

It's hard to tell but it looks like it could be this issue which has already been plaguing a few projects here. Your video on the left seems like the cloth is accelerating in a random direction which is exactly the issue we see in the other thread. I didn't test it but it's possible the bug doesn't occur in build which is why your cloth isn't moving at all on the right. So really the expected behavior without external forces would be what you have on the right, that should be appearing in editor. Did you set any external acceleration through the component options?

It's listed as a regression bug on the issue tracker here, and it says there's a fix in review. If you think that's the problem you're having then vote on it if you can so it gets priority. And it would mean the bug goes even further back to version 2019.1.6f1 which is worse than previously thought. Though I don't see how it's possible if it's not reproducible with 2019.2.0a6...?