Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Closing Unity While Uploading

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Archanor, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Archanor

Archanor

I'm a bit new to Collaborate, but I love it already. It really speeds up development, and it's very fun to work together on projects with. I have some concerns about it however.

First of all, I've had some errors looking something like "(-1) Whitelist" in the project dashboard, at the same time I'm having a blank collaborate window. I'm guessing it means that servers are down? Me and my other collaborator had pretty much the same problems at the same time.

I hope to see better error messages eventually, and perhaps even an easy way to check the status of the servers while in the editor. Maybe even a Twitter account that can warn us about any downtimes, updates etc.

Secondly I had a strange occurence last night where I started commiting my changes to the project, and then closed Unity just as I saw it was still committing. Naturally I re-opened Unity to see if everything got uploaded correctly (which I believe it did), but the strange part is that I had to re-download the files I just uploaded because it thought my project wasn't properly updated.

So my suggestion for this is to have another quit prompt (or warning) to ask if you want to shut down Unity while it's uploading or downloading from the cloud.

holliebuckets likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Thats great feedback @Archanor and we are excited to have you using Collab! Our PM @quixotic is tracking that info and turning it into team tasks :)

For your first point, whitelisting is going away soon! woo!!!!! For future reference, a Service status site can be found here: http://status.cloud.unity3d.com/

If you ever forget that url, the link can be found at the bottom of the Services Dashboard too!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Archanor likes this.