Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Closing Hub Logs out of Collab

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rathlord, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Rathlord

Rathlord

Hey guys,

As per title on Unity 2018.3.0f2 on OS X 10.14.2, if I quit out of Unity Hub whilst my project is open it logs me out of Collab. Trying to sign in opens a version of Hub (but doesn't seem to open the app?) and makes me log in fresh. This seems to happen 100% of the time on the first time I close Hub with Unity open. My Macbook is a little old, so I'm trying to preserve as many resources I can by having as few apps as possible open while I'm working.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Hi Rathlord,

I checked in with the team that is working on the Hub about this just to make sure there isn't some workaround. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to close the Hub without getting logged out.

I totally understand about wanting to save resources. It actually should be okay to quit the Hub, stay signed out while you work, and then sign back in when you're ready to publish your changes / do Collab things. If you've made a lot of changes, it may take some time for Collab to re-examine the state of the project, but at least it will have freed up the resources while you work.

It also might be good to post your case in the Hub forums as feedback: https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-hub.142/