Search Unity

[Closed] PurchaseFailureReason.Unknown only in production

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Klamore74, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klamore74

Klamore74

My project work perfectly on editor and on sandbox, but in production I log zero IAP because all fail with PurchaseFailureReason.Unknown

I note it by analytics events, and no warning/error was produced by clients.

I'm using unity 5.6.1f1 and IAP 1.11.4.

Any idea to understand what happen?

Thanks you.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Is this iOS or Android? Can you provide the device logs?

3. Klamore74

Klamore74

Hi, it happen both on iOs and Android. Unfortunately I haven't device log because it happen on real user and on test device all work fine.

What can I implement to trap this issue?

Thanks

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

You could still capture the logs for a released version of the app. Do you mean you are unable to reproduce? On Android, you could run "adb logcat" on the released version, for example.

5. Klamore74

Klamore74

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with all my test devices. I'm preparing a fresh new device without any test account to try to reproduce. Unfortunately appear to be some random behaviours.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

@Klamore74 Sounds good, the more details that you can provide, the better. Interesting that you mentioned that it happens on both iOS and Android.

7. rg_software

rg_software

We are having exactly the same issue.
    Unity 5.6.1f1, IAP plugin v1.11.4.
    Sandbox purchases are successful on both Android and iOS platforms, but in production environment some users cannot make a purchase. InitiatePurchase() returns unknown reason in the failure callback (PurchaseFailureReason.Unknown). This problem occurs on user devices so we have no access to debug logs.

It would be useful to provide additional diagnostic information for better understanding of this error. For example, it can be an error message from StoreKit. PurchaseFailedEventArgs has a corresponding property, but its value is inaccessible.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I brought this up with the IAP team. They mentioned it could be due to possible incorrect async logic, perhaps IAP was not yet initialized or similar. We hoping to surface more information around the Unknown result in a future release, no ETA at this time. If you could, please open a support ticket at https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support and include your Purchase script, if possible. We can investigate further

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity