Search Unity

[Closed] I don't see IAP Catalog in my Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Nidhii, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidhii

Nidhii

Hi All, I was following a tutorial at online & found there is no IAP catalog in my dashboard.
    Is it a Pro feature or something? Or I am missing something. Please check snapshot.
    Many Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi @IES

That's a great question...with a slightly disappointing answer. The IAP Catalog is still under development. What was announced at GDC was a draft proposal, not a fully built feature. So while IAP itself is available and being used by a lot of projects...and the IAP Cloud Catalog is under active development...it's still some ways off with no firm release date. I can't even really give you a rough "X weeks/months" at this stage. We'll certainly make a lot of noise about it when it's ready for use.

BTW, you should definitely go to this link and register your interest, especially if you want early access to the feature. Make sure you check the box marked "IAP Cloud Catalog".

erika_d likes this.
  3. Nidhii

Nidhii

@marc_tanenbaum Ok Thanks for quick answer! Sure I will submit my interest :)

4. rsodre

rsodre

Unity 5.4 release notes contains: "IAP: Cloud catalog... Catalog is configured via the Unity Analytics dashboard"

But I can't see it on my dashboard.
    Still not public?

5. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @rsodre,

Thanks for your interest in Cloud Catalog! It is still in beta and not yet available publicly, and it's a bit too early for me to have any definite information on a release date, but we're really happy to see the interest out there for it!

6. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

If this is about product ids, then the documentation shouldn't mention it yet.
    It has two ways of adding product ids, one through programming and the other through using the cloud service.
    And i've been looking into my console trying to find the place to add them, only to be going back and forth in analytics.

7. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @screenname_taken,

Yes you are very correct that the documentation shouldn't mention it, very sorry about the confusion. We are working on getting it removed right now. Currently, the only place to add products is still in code (and on the platform developer dashboards: Apple, Google, Amazon, etc).

8. rsodre

rsodre

By the way @erika_d , does Unity has any plans on bringing Game Center and Google Play into Services?

9. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @rsodre,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Bringing them in as separate Unity Services or as part of Analytics in some way?

10. rsodre

rsodre

As another Unity Service to turn on, like "Game Services".
    We would input the Google Play and Game Center leaderboards and achievement ids and the service would take care of fetching and submitting to the servers. Maybe even synching between the two!
    It could be configured the same way as the IAPs are configured.

11. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @rsodre,

I'm not aware of any plans for that but it's a really interesting idea! I'll see if I can find an appropriate person to pass it along to :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    rsodre likes this.
  12. HulloImJay

HulloImJay

This feature appears to be absent still, and is still mentioned in the documentation. Also, it's not an option to request on the Analytics Early Access Request form linked above.

13. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Jason-RT-Bond

The Cloud Catalog feature is being re-tooled. We are not currently accepting new beta testers. We are still working on it and we will have more details to share soon.

Could you point me to where it is mentioned in the documentation?

Speaking of Analytics, we have improved the process for enabling Beta features for our Analytics service, so you no longer need to request them. You can now enable them on the Configure page of your dashboard.
    configure.png

And then on that page, you can download the relevant SDKs.

features.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.