Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Closed] General help wanted to A Classic style 2.5D JRPG game Project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by zsombor1985, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zsombor1985

zsombor1985

Hi
    i started to experiment with a classic top down rpg game using simple planes with normal maps and despite it is still just a very early experimental stuff, i like the outcome so far.
    My aim is something like this:

( i know it is using 3d object as well as planes but i will do the same if its needed.)
    However i have no programming knowledge and i would like some help in the editor as well as i have some issues with the shadows. The scene is in 3d however the planes are just placed behind eachother so the shadows made by the directional light are very far away from the source picture which looks bad of course and i had to use fake shadows for now. It is very strange as if i place them on a 3d object, on the surface i can see the shadows are working fine but all the planes are recieving the light upside down. if the sun is high the shadows comes from above and it is not a normal issue all normals are fixed.
    Anyway if anyone interested in more details to give me some help or want to participate just for fun ( or paid/shared later ) be sure to contact me! It IS an rpg but i dont imagine it too complicated in general, i would like to save as much time and effort as i can be as im no professional for a giant project after all.
    The design are still in a very early experimental state most of the stuff are still poorly painted or modelled it is not the final !
    05.jpg 04.jpg

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @zsombor1985! I'm afraid this is the wrong forum to ask for people to work on a project. This is for people with questions about Unity Collaborate. You can create a post on https://connect.unity.com/ to find people interested in your project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.