Search Unity

[Closed] Enable IAP trough dashboard?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by SidarVasco, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

All our projects on the dashboard are managed by our managers (manager). Whom do not use Unity but only setup everything so our devs ( users ) just have to connect and integrate all of the necessary components. I'm having a hard time finding the option to turn on IAP's trough any of the dashboards.

Maybe I've overlooked it but I can not find a button or anything of the sorts to enable the IAP.

Users have no rights to turn on or off any services including IAP.
    Managers can but they can also see the revenue coming in from ads. We do not want the whole company to see this. So setting our devs up as managers is not an option.

Any advice?

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @SidarVasco,

Currently IAP can only be enabled from the Editor, and only by managers and owners (the button should still be visible to users, they just aren't allowed to make changes. It should be found in the Editor under Window -> Services -> In-App Purchasing). Currently, my suggestion would be if someone with a manager level can sign on to the Editor, they should be able to enable IAP from there for the user-level devs, who can then import the IAP package.

We are working on evaluating our dashboard in relation to the user levels, so displaying information to and allowing changes by certain users on the dashboard is on our roadmap. Currently all user levels can see all information, including revenue. What would be your ideal breakdown for Users, Managers and Owners, of what they are allowed to enable/disable/interact with/view in relation to Analytics and IAP on the dashboard and the Editor? This will help us in our crafting of the best solution possible for this issue.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    nicholasr likes this.
  3. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

I think the top two profiles ( manager/owner ) are fine. It's just that User seems to be limited in our workflow.

As mentioned I don't think users should see any revenue. This is somewhat business sensitive information. And only a few privileged ( owner and managers ) should see this data.
    On the other hand, especially in our workflow, developers should be able to turn on the components they need to complete the games without having to rely on the managers to turn it on for them. Our devs know exactly what they need and get to it if need be.

Perhaps the User role could use an extra option to make them "super users" to allow them to do whatever the owner/manager want them to see and do?
    I think an option to create a custom role and checking all privileges is the best option to have.

Of course the managers could also just set everything up, but currently the IAPs won't allow that. There really is no reason for a manager/owner to boot up Unity when everything else can be managed trough the dashboard.

erika_d likes this.
  4. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @SidarVasco

Thank you for that feedback, I have passed it on to our product managers to take into consideration as we develop the roles responsibilities.

As it stands right now, because IAP doesn't really have a dashboard of it's own, we don't really have a home for enabling it via the web. This is why the only way to enable it is in the Editor. You make a good case for having the ability to enable from the web however, and I am passing this info onto our IAP product manager. The good news is there are already plans for making an IAP dashboard! I will suggest to our IAP team that we evaluate based on the timeline whether we should make a switch available on the Analytics dashboard temporarily in the meantime, however.

5. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

Yes, the first place I went looking at was the Analytics dashboard, considering you need Analytics for IAP. So for a temporary fix it would make sense to place an "Enable IAP" button there.

Thanks for the support, I look forward to any additions or changes you guys make!

erika_d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.