Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Cloning unity project and share it back.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by zzk1996, Jan 19, 2021.

1. zzk1996

zzk1996

Hi all, I am currently invited to join a unity project through unity collab. I would like to copy the entire project, make some changes to it and share it with someone else.

I don't wish to push back into the same cloud that was shared with me, instead, I would like to make another totally independent project with its own unity collab.

However, if I simply press Ctrl + c to copy the project, the cloned project will still be connected with the original cloud. If I export the package as custom packages and import it into a fresh project then various errors would occur due to lack of dependencies, etc.

Was wondering if this is due to all the purchased assets and I am not the owner of them or I am simply not doing it right? Please help if anyone knows what is going on, thanks!

AntonioModer likes this.
  2. zzk1996

zzk1996

Sorry, my question might be unclear, in-short, I am invited to join an organization in unity and can edit the current unity collab project under this organization. Now, I would like to clone & "unlink" this project from collab to use it for functionality testing only, I do not wish to link it to collab. Is this possible?

3. Danny327

Danny327

Unity Technologies

Hi zzk1996,

Yes, you can certainly unlink the project for your functionality testing.
    Go to Project Settings > Services, and you will see your Unity Project ID and [Unlink project] button there.

upload_2021-1-25_18-12-34.png

You want to unlink the project, and then Create another project ID to make a completely separate one for you to use for functionality test.

Please note that a project ID is an online identifier which is used across all Unity Services.

AntonioModer and ollieblanks like this.
  4. zzk1996

zzk1996

Thank you so much for your answer ^^. I am using unity 2019.4.1f1 and unity collaborate 1.2.16 so maybe my Services window is located somewhere else. Anyway, I found mine at Window > General > Services and your answer totally works. Big thanks!!