Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question "clone3" instruction causing remote containerized server to be denied and freeze (docker)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Oniros88, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Oniros88

Oniros88

so I am using playfab as a server provider with docker container linux servers. After a long time spent trying to guess why they didn't work I realized the process was being forcibly put in Sleep mode upon launching, since it didn't even get to print an Awake log and CPU consuption was 0% so, it wasn't the server itself having a bug, but something happening right before loading the application itself.

After performing strace, I encountered this:

There is a clone3 instruction, which is about creating child processes, being denied by the docker default profiles.

Is there a known child process Linux Dedicated Server Unity builds launch? Is there a way to trace which subprocess is Unity trying to start? Are Unity subprocesses supposed to be allowed under containerized servers and this is a bug?

Lukas_Kastern likes this.
  2. Lukas_Kastern

Lukas_Kastern

Hey! We had the same issue and contacted Playfab support about it.
    They told us this is a known issue when using Ubuntu 22.04 as a base image.
    And indeed, after downgrading to 20.04 our server boots up correctly.

Hopefully that solves the issue for you as well!

Oniros88 likes this.
  3. Oniros88

Oniros88

wow is this for real? I am going to try it. This had been a head scratcher for us during 4 months already! thanks a lot for this info, I hope it solves the issue on our end.

EDIT: It worked! Finally we can actually deploy servers! I wish i could like this answer 10000 times

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022