Search Unity

Clive - And The Stones Of The Ancient Bunnies

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by RAWTalent, Feb 28, 2011.

1. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

As you may know if you visit the "What Are You Working On?" topic, I am working on a 3D Action platformer, similar to classic favorites such as Spyro, Crash Bandicoot etc.

You play Clive, a rabbit who's life is turned upside-down by the evil Dr Daucus and his evil plan!
    The finished article should contain around 15 levels, complete with mutant animal enemies, collectibles, cutscenes and an original soundtrack.

When finished the full game will be sold somewhere, at the moment it is PC based, but who knows whether it could end up on I-Phone!

WIP Screenshots and Videos

And Clive's concept art :p

2. marcos

marcos

I love platformers! Go go!

3. Samuraigun7

Samuraigun7

This is looking really good keep it up it just makes me want to go back and play crash and spyro lol

4. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Thanks, glad to have the support :), here's some more media

5. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

Looks great! You really captured the feel of those old PS1 games. Great texturing, too.

6. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

BY the way, I'd love to help you with SFX and music!

7. Michal

Michal

That's cool, I would like to try it :) Can you upload it anywhere if it is possible?

8. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

@EricTheCoolDude thanks, glad you like it and it's going thew the direction I envisaged. And SFX and music are covered at the mo', but I'll be sure to hit you up if that was to change.
    @MichalI may upload a demo in the near future, I gotta sort out bugs and stuff first, believe me you'd probably get a little frustrated at the moment ;).

Cheers for the support, updates soon.

EDIT: Got a page on IndieDB now, check it out :D

http://www.indiedb.com/games/clive-and-the-stones-of-the-ancient-bunnies

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  9. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

New updates firstly there's the new breakable boxes, if Clive attacks the boxes they break revealing some lively collectible stars. But wait, how do you break the boxes? Well Clive has a new "spin attack" move. To see for yourself be sure to check out the video. And before you ask nope, never heard of Crash Bandicoot.... :p

10. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Yay "Heart Of The Volcano" is done (bar music and enemies), here's a video showing quick run-through of it, I have however missed out some hidden areas deliberately to make it more of a challenge to find them when the game's released :p

11. ivanzu

ivanzu

Looks good and funny.And are you using Windows Paint to do the textures?

12. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Nah, GIMP there all hand painted using a tablet to help with the PS1/PSX feel :)

13. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Damn I really need to post more often,
    We have a new start menu, which includes a fly-through of the Heart Of The Volcano level, as well as our brand new theme tune, composed by WyshwoodStudio. Plus a new level, Factory Frenzy, is in production.

The camera fly-through is all rendered in gameplay and gives the player something interesting as a background to the start menu, it features the first level of the game, Heart Of The Volcano, and also demonstrates our theme tune, which, in my opinion, is rather reminiscent of Stewart Copeland's music in Spyro.

The second piece of news is a new level. This level, aptly named Factory Frenzy, is as you would imagine set in a factory, this will include obstacles such as purple goo, which will act as quick sand, draining your health and pulling you under as you touch it, meaning you will have to mash that jump button to break free, robot enemies amongst other things. Thus far I'm only sharing one screenshot of this level, but be sure to look out for more in the near future.

Below is a video of the start menu and the theme tune, keep in mind the video is straight from the game and un-edited.The theme tune is an original composition by WyshwoodStudio.You can find the WyshwoodStudio website at http://www.wyshwoodstudio.tk/

Comments and crit etc always welcome :)

14. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Looks like a fun game!

15. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Still working away, here's a WIP shot of a new level

16. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Today's updates

17. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Damn I haven't updated this thread in a long time! So here are some new shots

Plus I'm tackling textures in a new way, using some of the principles of Pixel Art.