Search Unity

CLIMBING SYSTEM - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by diasrodrigo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. SamRock

SamRock

Thanks for the new update. Will wait for it.
    As I mentioned, I never had this issue with the previous version. Here is a video recorded few months ago. The colliders have always remained the same.
    I will still look into it

2. K-oz

K-oz

Dear Dias,,

I've just bought ur package but as I import it I get a bunch of errors. Providing any support?

Thanks in advance

3. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello everyone
    This week I'm super busy, but I'll try to answer as best as I can.

There was a little change in this side transition. As you can see, in the new version the animation was changed, and with that I also changed how character will be turned. I believe it's causing the problems you are facing. I'll try to improve this code. But the only "solution" I believe is good for now, is avoid collisions between player and the rock.

I believe you have imported package folder. Create a new project and then, import Climbing system without importing Package manager and ProjectSettings folders. (In the newest version, Unity ask if you want to update package. Select no).

SamRock likes this.
  4. ChoChick

ChoChick

If a character tries to walk through a step that is lower than the height at which StepUpAbility is started, the character will be caught by the step and cannot pass.
    In the demo scene, if you make a step with a height of 0.2, you can see that the character gets caught in the step.

If VerticalLinecastEndPoint is set to a low value, the StepUp animation is played even at low steps, so it cannot move smoothly.
    Is there a way to allow me to pass a step that is lower than the height of StepUpAbility?

5. SamRock

SamRock

Thank you Rodrigo! Really appreciate your time and efforts. I will test this out tomorrow. Just wanted to check if you managed to include the changes to 2.5D mode, where you change or add Axis for XY?

diasrodrigo likes this.
  6. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I tested here with 0.2f of height, and it worked for my character. Is your capsule using 0.3f of radius. Just for understanding purposes, if you have a capsule with a radius of 0.3f , you can walk over a step until 0.3f. More than this you get stucked. Maybe with your capsule is 0.2f you will be not able to walk over.

Sorry, I forgot this feature. I will add it. Thanks for notifying me

ChoChick likes this.
  7. ChoChick

ChoChick

Added UpperLayer and set animation to grab while jumping (play when unable to climb).
    However, AnimatorManager changes the UpperLayer weight to 0 during execution.
    Why is the UpperLayer weight changed to 0 in AnimatorManager?
    Is there a setting that does not change the weight to 0?

8. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

In the Animator Manager, this layer is set to 0 because it's an integration for Shooter System. But you can remove the following code in the Animator Manager:

upload_2019-9-17_7-0-53.png

9. ChoChick

ChoChick

I found m_AnimatorManager.SetAnimatorState and m_AnimatorManager.DisableLayer and was able to adjust the weight.

diasrodrigo likes this.
  10. xenogodemperorofthehive

xenogodemperorofthehive

Hi! Big fan of the controller, but was wondering, since wall climbing only supports 90 flat 90 degree walls, if the following would be possible? It's a "rock climbing" type system where depending on the angle of the geometry below you, the walking animation is changed. This way, we can allow the character to walk up to 89 degree walls while only having to change the walking animation. I love the ledges and stuff you have, but since my environment is more organic/natural, it's incredibly time consuming to seed ledges everywhere in the map and would greatly prefer if it were done by the movement controller.

Attached Files:

diasrodrigo likes this.
  11. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello @xenogodemperorofthehive

Thank you for your idea. I'll study it to check if it's possible to do in the future versions. Interesting situation. Thanks