Search Unity

CLIMBING SYSTEM - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by diasrodrigo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. thanhle

thanhle

I do not understand this problem , You mean I can create a new ability ?
    I have tried to try to create an ability without using the abilities you already created but I don't know how to create an ability.
    You can instruct to create an new ability ?

2. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I have a video tutorial showing how to do it:

Fibonaccov likes this.
  3. unity_iXvkV2pjAX9k8A

unity_iXvkV2pjAX9k8A

How do I only get the climbing part? I have made my own character controller and just want to use the climbing. Is there any help you can do?

4. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Climbing abilities are separated scripts that you can use. But, you will need to adapt it to your controller, because climbing scripts are handled as abilities, and you will probably face some issues without some other classes. It's possible to use in your controller, but you'll need to code a way to adapt it.

5. davidk_43

davidk_43

Just got this - loving it, great work! On initial demo my Xbox controller on usb doesn't seem to work but I'd also be interested in moving this onto the new input system - anyone got any pointers where to start?

I've found the UnityInputManager script. Just thinking of best way of modulise this adjustment so I can port it to any updates in the future.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. davidk_43

davidk_43

Can anyone point me to where I change a few of the audio effects? I'm switching character to female so swapping all the male sfx. I've found most, in the TPS ability events and hurt/death in the health modifier. But i've still got one or two actions where the male voice comes through.

1. when landing to hang from a big jump
    2. when coming off top of ladder onto platform

There's probably one or two others. Feels like they get triggered somewhere else rather than the ability events?
    Thanks for any help
    David

7. Jairusx

Jairusx

Hi. I am interested in that too. My character is rigidbody based and I like it :) How hard is to integrate some of the abilities to my controller? I don't have many experience, is that type of just changing some variables or I must rewrite most of the code? Thanks! :)

8. aloneandsuffering101

aloneandsuffering101

Is it possible to use abilities right after a previous one? For example if you vault and then crouch, the active ability goes to FreeLocomotion and then to crouch, is it possible to skip the FreeLocomotion and go directly to the next ability? Or if the player is falling which makes the Fall Ability, if the player presses crouch at the time they hit the ground it will transition to a crouch ability with a custom Fall->Crouch animation?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

1. This sound is played by an animation event inside animation file. One example is inside Brace Soft animation:
    upload_2021-1-19_8-7-2.png

2. It's in the Braced to Crouch animation file:
    upload_2021-1-19_8-8-21.png

10. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Unity Input Manager handles all input for abilities and it uses Unity Standard Input setting. If you want to add Xbox Controller support you need to update Input settings in the Project Settings and create new buttons with the same name that are used now and change to receive joystick input.

11. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Climbing System provides a complete system to handle abilities and it uses Rigidbody. It's hard to tell you if my system will work with your current controller, because there are some dependencies in the climbing abilities with other scripts in my asset. Unfortunately I can't tell you if it will work or not. What I can tell you is that my asset allows you to create new abilities if you need

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  12. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

This situations are not implemented by now. That's an interest point and idea. You can add a variable to control when crouch should override other abilities and enter system. But it will need to be coded, because asset doesn't have a ready implementation for that. I'll add this sugestion for future updates.

13. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

When you climb the terrain and reach the point where your player can not climb any higher, rather than the character being idle, the player continues trying to climb creating a jittering animation. Can you fix this please.

orangataketo likes this.
  14. Ryan-Hayle

Ryan-Hayle

When I say climb, I mean that I am running around on a terrain and when I hit the limit the character will start to jitter.

15. orangataketo

orangataketo

Hi,
    Would you teach me how to apply vertical and horizontal inputs (velocities) while jumping (jump in place/jump forward/falling) so that my character can move freely (changing the direction in the air) while jumping/falling ?
    (I know this is not a realistic human movement, but I want to make a super-mario like action game.)
    * I think I might add new abilities based on JumpAbility and FallAbility and modify the FixedUpdateAbility() method to do this, but not sure how (or even it is possible with this asset)...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  16. gollokanya123

gollokanya123

I extracted it. Still the same with the joystick dragging.

17. cjackcandy

cjackcandy

Hi @diasrodrigo , just checking in on whether you've had a chance to look at the footstep sound issues I reported back in Nov.

18. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Hm.

How can i reach you?

i need an Invector Integration, or a Refund.

best Greetings.

19. Monil

Monil

Good luck!

20. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

good luck with what ?

Inclusion, or to reach the Dev ?

21. Monil

Monil

Invector Integration is not included and it is only possible by modifying the code and I think the developer does not want to do it I think he is very busy in other projects, the last update is almost a year ago, but with a bit of luck .... who knows ...

22. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

I think - Luck is a Thing that is not really known here.
    We will see what comes out.

One Point you get is really cool.
    "not want to do".

i think that s the best point! Watch the Start of the Threads here. it is possible.
    But to give others not eaven the Chance to try - is a little less - a little very less.

if the Brothers Wright never try to fly, we never see them fly.
    If they never have support, just for the start - they never will do.

just :A lot of Things, can run other - but: "not want to do", is a very good point.

23. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello guys.

You can uncheck Use Root Motion from the ability, and add velocity when pressing some key, in the UpdateAbility method of Jump or Fall abilities.

Did you check this option in the Unity Input Manager?
    upload_2021-2-19_18-45-19.png

24. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

About Invector integration.

Actually, unfortunately, I don't have a ready integration for Invector.
    The integration you saw here in forums were made in the older versions of Climbing System. A lot has changed in the asset since there.

The reason I stopped the Invector integration is because it was buggy, and to fiz that, I would have to change Invector core scripts, and I didn't think it would be a good approach.

25. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I admit I've been missing here in forums, and I would like to give a feedback about that.

I was working for a company with VR trainings, and this year I'm going to quit there, and I will have time to come back to my assets and make new updates that I know that is needed.

Fixing problems like this too

I have a sheet that I fill all bugs or issues to fix that costumers tell me.
    If anyone need some specific support, please, send me an e-mail. I'm always answering all costumer asking from e-mails.

Sorry for the incoveniences, and thank you for your feedbacks.

All the best

Rallix likes this.
  26. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Old Egypt Blessing:

May god between you and the darkness,
    on every dark place you ever reach.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  27. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Hm Things like this happens,

if you think about to stay "fair".

think about.
    i do not want to be unfair.

but i feel not fair heared.

28. Monil

Monil

Hi,

if you feel you are right and the product description is different from what you paid for i believe you can contact unity asset store support for refund, first read here at point 2.9, but in my opinion the answer will be the same as the developer

diasrodrigo likes this.
  29. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

@MightyAnubis I just said to you I don't agree with your refund ask, because you said you want a refund because my asset doesn't integrate with Invector, but I really doesn't offer this integration in my page. But if you think my position to refuse your refund is not right, you can ask for Unity Asset Store.
    And the price of my assets were set based on the work I spent and features that I added to it, but everyone is free to agree or not with it, and that's completely fine to me.

30. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Well. I have revealed my point of view to you, and understandably so.

Several times.

Your answer is your answer.

31. Monil

Monil

I hope everything goes well!!

diasrodrigo likes this.
  32. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

never deal with happy ppl .

... yeah.

33. Monil

Monil

I have nothing to learn from people like you, you talk a little too much.

diasrodrigo likes this.
  34. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

i am strongly believe: there is no need for. Really not.

:)

35. Mythran

Mythran

Hello, i would like to know if this system allows to climb onto windows frames, and if it allows to disable all those climbing parkours, i.e. i would like the player after grabbing a ledge just be able either to climb up or drop down.

Also i have a rock that i want the player the to Lower Climb and Wall Climb, does the asset allows to to do multiple actions on the same mesh?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  36. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello.

About windows frames, you can add an invisible collider and change the layer to Climb and you can climb the window frame.
    When you are hanging a ledge you can drop or climb depending on action you do.
    Unfortunately doing lower climb and wall climb is not possible. System will choose one of both to work.

37. khos

khos

Hi, I am quite interested to purchase your asset but would like to ask if you are aware if it integrates with the invector 3rd person controller well? Appreciate any info on this before I purchase.

diasrodrigo likes this.
  38. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Unfortunately no. You can try integrate it, but there is no ready integration for this.

khos likes this.
  39. tequyla

tequyla

Hello,

do u plan to add some features like :

• carry a thing for put it on button for activating something ?
    • Interaction with objects (key etc) ?

+++

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    diasrodrigo likes this.
  40. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello. For this asset I don't pretend to add it, I think it's not really realated to it. Maybe creating another asset, like a module you can add to it if you want.

41. rsoult3

rsoult3

I just purchased this and I love it so far.
    My only issue is sometimes when I climb to the top of a Wall Climb that is placed on a DroppableLedge (or just to the top of a Wall Climb), sometimes the character will drop to the floor in the climbing pose, or sometimes fall a little bit, and then catch himself on the top of the wall.

I think this is a bug. He should always climb to the top of the ledge.

42. cjackcandy

cjackcandy

Hi @diasrodrigo Have you had a chance to look at this issue yet?

43. Loky75

Loky75

Hello,
    I just bought the climbing system pack for a personal project, I installed cinemachine and set up the inputs. I imported a Mixamo character and used Build Climbing Charater.

But even with the Game Controller, Camera and Climbing Camera State Driven, I have a problem. As soon as I start the game on Unity, I have the transform (Position) of my character who moves on his own.

Do you have an idea to solve the problem?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  44. joshuaradec

joshuaradec

Same issue as the person above, my character will just fling upwards

45. Tin-Aung-Khant

Tin-Aung-Khant

46. ChickenHero

ChickenHero

I'm trying to make a sudden stop from the Sprint state and a 180 degree turn.
    I tried to change the direction after turning with GetRotationFromDirection (-transform.forward) in OnExitAbility of QuickTurn ability, but the character returns to the direction before turning and then turns to the direction after turning.
    Can you give me some advice on changing the direction of the turn at the end of the animation?

47. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello. Today I release a new update for the asset. Sorry for the long time without update. I fixed some bugs with wall climb and mobile input. I also changed the look of inspectors for the new versions of Unity. I had to change all animations from package, and it took a time to do it. So, if you are going to update it, please, make a backup before it, because animator has now other references for animations.

It probably happened because you need to setup layers collision. You setup it in the same window you setup inputs.

The move direction is setup by key direction. When you turn it back after leave a ability, probably, FreeLocomotion enters and change the character direction to where keys are being pressed. Maybe you should turn your character, wait some time, and then, exit the ability.

ChickenHero and Virtuadreamer like this.
  48. Tin-Aung-Khant

Tin-Aung-Khant

49. sayginkarahan

sayginkarahan

Hello @diasrodrigo, I have a problem getting stuck in the air as in the picture.
    How can I solve this problem in a smart way?

upload_2021-6-20_3-9-50.png

Thank you for your time.

50. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello

This is a complicated situation. Maybe put an invisble collider between walls to push character off this region, or reducing capsule collider radius to be able to pass through the gap, or even avoid this gap