Search Unity

CLIMBING SYSTEM - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by diasrodrigo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. SamRock

SamRock

@diasrodrigo Well it doesnt work :(
    As you can see in my above screenshot, I m calling ExitAbility followed by disabling UnityInputManager. My character still continues running

2. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Maybe if you change animation manually would help?
    There is a method in Animator Manager called SetAnimatorState
    Try to call it in the event like before, and change your character animation to the animation you want.

3. Mythran

Mythran

Hello, i was wondering if your asset would be easy to integrate with the action rpg top down camera controller and low poly game kit pro, and eventually but at a long term in case all goes well, will you implement emerald ai or ai desiginer prosupport or might they?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  4. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello @Mythran
    Actually I don't have plans to integrate with these assets you mentioned. I cannot say I will do in the future, because I'm working to create my own system for game creation. But thank you for your suggestions! ;)

5. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello everyone!
    I bring some news about Climbing System. I already moved system to Cinemachine controller. You can watch how it is now using Cinemachine:

upload_2019-12-27_15-31-56.png

I have also splitted Locomotion in two abilities, one for Strafe and one for Free Locomotion. This way is better to change things in one ability without impact another:

upload_2019-12-27_15-37-58.png

As you can see in the image above, now is possible to add or remove abilities using Third Person System script. This way make the asset cleaner and easier to use.

I hope to release this new update trough January. I will also update Shooter System to a new version that I already changed core scripts.

SamRock likes this.
  6. pablouwall

pablouwall

Hi dias your asset is bad ass first of all . but i try to integrate photon system the "photon view " in your script i can't ;i need some help.

diasrodrigo likes this.
  7. SamRock

SamRock

@diasrodrigo Great updates! Thank you so much for it :)

Excited to know what new abilities you might add!

diasrodrigo likes this.
  8. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I never used Photon, so I don't know how it works, but by photon view you mean something related to Camera controller? Or is it about Input? Which problems are you facing?

recon0303 likes this.
  9. recon0303

recon0303

May want to be more clear, Photon also owns a few networking libraries also Pun 1, Pun 2, Bolt, old and new.. and even other solutions..

not sure what the OP is doing, but sounds like he is trying to network your climbing controller.

https://doc-api.photonengine.com/en/pun/v2/class_photon_1_1_pun_1_1_photon_view.html

10. pablouwall

pablouwall

yes i want use this asset in photon context and photon view identify gameObject as a distinct player .

11. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

@pablouwall I never used Photon, so I believe you have to get control on Third Person System script or Unity Input Manager attached to the character. In your case you'll have to adapt the asset to your needs.

12. SamRock

SamRock

@diasrodrigo

As I mentioned earlier after I recreated my Climbing character, he no more detects Droppable Ledges

I checked for invisible obstacles and there is nothing blocking. He is able to climb up, but not detect a Drop and climb down. As you can see he just falls off the cliff! Everything was perfectly fine , until I re-created the Character

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  13. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

From video, it's possible to see that your collider doesn't match the cube. At 1:31 when you select the droppable ledge.

Anyway, if you move the ledge a bit out of the rock, does character climb?

14. SamRock

SamRock

The Rock has no Collider applied to it. Its just the White Cube. I fixed the cube Collider, its still the same! Also this is happening on all Droppable Ledges not just this one.
    Is there a way I look for hidden colliders or mask thats affecting the logic?

15. SamRock

SamRock

@diasrodrigo

I figured out teh issue. GAIA Pro had added an invisible Trigger collider. I disabled the Collider and now the Droppable Legde works!

This Collider was in a Layer that was not checked in the Obstacle Mask Layer. Is that supposed to ignore it?

16. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Yes, it supposed to ignore it. But I'll check it out in the code

17. Tin-Aung-Khant

Tin-Aung-Khant

Dude I already tried with Photon.
    (
    )

You need to send RPC or RaiseEvent when you change animation state.
    Disable Client Running Scripts.
    Sync Movement Like you do normally

italicranger and diasrodrigo like this.
  18. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello everyone!
    I bring some news. I recorded a short video showing some of new improvements that will be available in the next Climbing System update:

SamRock likes this.
  19. sayginkarahan

sayginkarahan

Hello Mr. Dias,

First of all, your works are amazing and the climbing system which you developed works great.

But I think we would happier if you add new climbing abilities like climbing a not vertical ladder or wall. Also, climb jumping at not vertical points. Walking on a rope or hanging and jumping from a rope.

Because, we all buying your tools for climbing abilities, not sound or game manager systems.
    Most of us have own architecture and we usually don't use your other systems.

For example, I spent hours to extract the climbing system from your hole gaming system.
    In my opinion, you should concentrate on climbing abilities.

Best Regards.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    diasrodrigo likes this.
  20. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

sayginkarahan likes this.
  21. SamRock

SamRock

I agree we need more abilities

However Sound manager is a welcome addition. Especially for devs like me, who do not have their "own architecture" in place. Its much easier to manage sound effects for each Ability.

diasrodrigo and sayginkarahan like this.
  22. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I've being working with math to update character position when he is on objects that rotates. You can watch how it is now:

This feature will be available in the next update. Current version available in the store doesn't update position and rotation on objects that turns.

SamRock and sayginkarahan like this.
  23. sayginkarahan

sayginkarahan

Well done Mr. Dias! Could you use this new code for an un-vertical ladder too?

24. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I think it's more complicated to do. But could you send an image of how would be the un-vertical ladder you thought?

SamRock likes this.
  25. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I refactored Climb IK script to get a more precise and smooth IK. Now it's easier to adjust parameters:

upload_2020-1-8_8-0-20.png

SamRock likes this.
  26. SamRock

SamRock

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

27. sayginkarahan

sayginkarahan

Hello Dias,
    For example like this. The player should find the ladder and correct his rotation through the ladder while climbing.
    upload_2020-1-8_22-51-46.png

Also, it's very important while catching a ladder on the ship in the wavey ocean. The ladder can be both ways.
    upload_2020-1-8_23-7-20.png
    upload_2020-1-8_23-10-15.png

Thanks.

diasrodrigo and SamRock like this.
  28. SamRock

SamRock

Also we might need this :)

diasrodrigo and sayginkarahan like this.
  29. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I got it. I will think a way to make it, but I can't promisse you that this situation will be covered in the next update that I'm developing, but I'll try to make it. Thanks for suggestion

SamRock likes this.
  30. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello.

I've been working to finish all updates, and I would like to share a demo of new version for Climbing System working with Shooter System, that also will receive update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JD64kp1nVv6PGJNdi4NhTLJ2tK1TA37w

This is a short video showing new version:

This demo is already working with Cinemachine.

SamRock likes this.
  31. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

@diasrodrigo Looks awesome Dias! Any idea when the new updates will be pushed live? I am excited to try them out!

diasrodrigo likes this.
  32. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I'm planning to release it this month yet. I believe it will happen because I'm finalizing and I will start doing documentation and tutorials.

JRRReynolds and SamRock like this.
  33. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello everyone!

Some updates about new version. I've satrted polishing new version, removing unused files and checking if everything is working fine and then I will send new version for the Asset Store.

I've been working on Shooter System too, that's why Climbing System take a time to be released because I want to release both versions to keep a good integration. If I released Climbing System without update Shooter System, costumer who have both asset would have problem to integrate.

Unfortunately I could not include these situations for ladder yet. But I'll keep this functionality in mind to do in the future.
    Thank all of you so much for all feddback you gave me.

Rallix, SamRock and JRRReynolds like this.
  34. pablouwall

pablouwall

you can show me how to do this a video or by mp bro.

35. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Hello everyone.
    I recently submitted the new version. Until the end of this week it will be available.

36. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

@diasrodrigo Sweet! Is the shooter system getting updated as well?

diasrodrigo likes this.
  37. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Yes, this week will be available too

38. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I recently released the new Climbing System version.
    Shooter System is not available yet.

JRRReynolds and SamRock like this.
  39. steveh2112

steveh2112

hi all, i just bought this awesome asset and just playing with the demo scene to get used to its functionality before i start integrating it into my game.

i see the grab a ledge is automatic, suppose i wanted to make it more like tomb raider where you have to hit E to grab a ledge. is that a configurable thing or would i need to change the scripts?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  40. steveh2112

steveh2112

when i import your asset it does something to the lighting settings and now my scene looks washed out and wrong. can you tell me what it does so i can fix it?

you can test it easily by creating a fresh project, installing https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...projects/lighting-optimisation-tutorial-73563
    look at the demo scene LightingTutorialOptimal, its looks awesome.

now install your package and see what happens, looks washed out and there are some lighting problems if you look closely at the rocks.

i tried both 2019.2.19f1 and 2019.3.0f6

BTW, i tried creating a new project, installing your asset, then installing the unity lighting tutorial and it looks fine.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  41. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

It's a complete project so it imports its own project settings which includes rendering path, color space, and other options that will effect lighting. You can copy the settings from the lighting tutorial or, like you said, overwrite some of the project settings by importing the lighting tutorial second. However, you probably want to keep the input, physics, and tag/layer settings from the Climbing System if you do that. Just a guess.

42. Monil

Monil

Hello,
    To test the new update I created a new project (unity 2019.1.0f2 and 2019.3.0f6), I followed the Climbing System - Quick Setup (v3.1 or above) video instructions, I open the "Climbing Level Demo" scene and enter play-mode ... no errors, but if I select Climbing Character, ModifierManagerInspector.cs gives me errors, I attach image

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  43. pablouwall

pablouwall

hi dias i got problem with your climbing asset they seem they dont work anymore :camera dont follow my own charater
    problem to stop walking,the same for shooting asset walking animatin doesnt stop ...i m waiting for you to fix that.

44. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

I'll take a lookt at this problem. It didn't happen to me before, thank you for warning me.

Camera controller changed now to Cinemachine. Check out this video:

Walking now has changed from one script, Locomotion, to Free Locomotion and Strafe abilities.
    Did you improt the new version to a fresh project or did you override an old project?

SamRock likes this.
  45. Rallix

Rallix

Great updates! I especially like that the climbing scripts are now bundled under the main controller (no longer a mess of 10+ components). The new improvements to climbing are great as well (wow – auto-climbing ladders!).

I can confirm the bug with Modifier Manager inspector. It happens even to the demo character in the demo scene. (Showing the Inspector in 'Debug' mode)

Updating the character to the new version proved to be a bit difficult; I eventually figured out it was easier to use the build character wizard and recreate it from the model again.
    Using non-standard height (i.e. not 1.8) of characters (1.4 for me) results in spasms when trying to climb, although it looks like the solution might be to adjust Positioning / Character Offset From Ledge.
    https://imgur.com/VC1gCc3

diasrodrigo likes this.
  46. steveh2112

steveh2112

if anyone is having trouble using a character from makehuman, here is my fix.
    the makehuman rig doesn't import into the climbing character tools, so i did this
    import makehuman in blender and export the blender model as fbx without the rig, mesh only. (BTW best to check the polys first as some of the clothe have like 50k polys.)
    then uploaded it to https://www.mixamo.com/#/ which has an auto rigging tool
    i rigged it in mixamo and downloaded and uploaded to unity as usual, set avatar to humanoid and set up as climbing character and it works great.

47. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

About this Modifier Manager problem, I've already submitted a new version yesterday. I believe it will be fixed for everyone.

48. pixeloved

pixeloved

Hi Dias, found some problems with updated version, some fields are overlapping each others and actually it isn't possible to get into them without deep-diving into code. Could you take a look at this issue?

Attached Files:

49. diasrodrigo

diasrodrigo

Could please send me the error logged in the Console? When it happens, there is always an error debygging.
    Thanks

50. Rallix

Rallix

Not necessarily. The same thing happens to me occasionally when applying new changes to a prefab, but it's without an error message. Also, there are the Modifier inspector display issues thrown into the mix, so I don't know how they affect it.

But after editing an inspector field and hitting Ctrl+Z to undo the change, I sometimes get this error as result:

Code (CSharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3.   at DiasGames.ThirdPersonSystem.ThirdPersonSystemInspector.UpdateAbilitiesList () [0x00019] in F:\Unity\Wolfsbane\Assets\Dias Games\Editor\Inspector\ThirdPersonSystemInspector.cs:118
    4.   at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
    5.   at UnityEditor.Undo.Internal_CallUndoRedoPerformed () [0x0000d] in <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0
    6. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:ExecuteMenuItem(String)
    7. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.MenuItemEntryDiscoveryInfo:<.ctor>b__7_0(ShortcutArguments)
    8. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.Trigger:HandleKeyEvent(Event, IContextManager)
    9. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutController:HandleKeyEvent(Event)
    10. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutIntegration:EventHandler()
    11. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()
    13. (Filename: Assets/Dias Games/Editor/Inspector/ThirdPersonSystemInspector.cs Line: 118)
    Oh, and even after (or perhaps because) I open another scene with no Climbing System in it, it shows this when Undoing / Ctrl+Z:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SerializedObjectNotCreatableException: Object at index 0 is null
    2. UnityEditor.Editor.CreateSerializedObject () (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    3. UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    4. UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    5. DiasGames.ThirdPersonSystem.ThirdPersonSystemInspector.UpdateAbilitiesList () (at Assets/Dias Games/Editor/Inspector/ThirdPersonSystemInspector.cs:118)
    6. UnityEditor.Undo.Internal_CallUndoRedoPerformed () (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    7. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()
    But whenever I encountered an editor display issue, I could fix it by unselecting and reselecting the gameobject again (i.e. refreshing the inspectors), so it's not a big deal to me personally.

(Also, these warnings are displayed every time you compile:
    Warn.png )

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    diasrodrigo likes this.