Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Clients access to analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AntLewis, May 26, 2020.

1. AntLewis

AntLewis

Hi there, I'm building an app for a client who has requested access to the analytics dashboard independently of me. They're not developers, don't have access to Unity so I'm wondering how best to set this up. I appreciate that I can add users to a project which will give them access to analytics, but ideally I'd like the project to be owned by them.

Is it possible for them (with a free Unity account) to set up a project (which I'd do on their behalf), them to invite me (as a Plus user) to it? I'm guessing from this subscription comparison, this isn't the case?

https://store.unity.com/compare-plans

Thanks for any advice!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Dashboard users need to be members of the same organization, have a Unity seat and be added to the project. You mean on their behalf, you would have one of their Unity login and password?

3. AntLewis

AntLewis

I think I overly complicated the question. I want to understand how a client who isn't a developer, can access the analytics dashboard for their project which I'm developing for them (I'm using Unity Plus). It seems I can add a user to a project so they can view analytics (as a user, rather than the owner/manager) and they don't require a seat to do this. Is that correct?

Cheers

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, they do need a Unity login though.

5. AntLewis

AntLewis

Yeah that's perfect, thanks for the clarification

unityunity