Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question clientNetworkTransform not transmitting transform across clients

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by tdfbourne, Aug 16, 2023.

1. tdfbourne

tdfbourne

Hi all,

I've recently been learning Netcode, and while I understand all the code and packages at this point, for some reason I can not for the life of me make client Network Transform synch positions between clients. When using the standard network transform, it does synch the transforms, but the client is unable to control it, while when using client network transform, you can control only your own spawned prefab, but it doesn't synch to the other clients...

I added the network manager, and after installing the client network transform, I suddenly had to add a list of prefabs instead of just adding network prefabs to the array? I have a slight suspicion that that might be the root cause of the issue, I'll attach some screenshots. Outside of that, the playerPrefab has network object attached, as well as client network transform and network rigidbody, so that shouldn't bring any issues. The movement script is also deleted for the non-owners.

I am receiving a warning that is as follows which is my reasoning for suspecting the network prefabs to be the issue:

[Netcode] Runtime Network Prefabs was not empty at initialization time. Network Prefab registrations made before initialization will be replaced by NetworkPrefabsList.

The network manager:
    upload_2023-8-16_17-12-12.png

inside of network prefabs list:
    upload_2023-8-16_17-12-31.png