Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Client/Objects (instantiate/destroy) management via server

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Caps, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Caps

Caps

Hello everyone,

I´m developing a game and really need some help on this issue. I´ve searched the forum throroughly for a solution but I could not find any and I cannot do this by myself...

I´m having the problem with "network.instantiating" characters and objects since this sends a buffered RPC as known and discussed in the forum... So when other clients join in those objects and characters that were instantiated will show up even though they might not belong anymore (or should exist) in the game session.

So I need a solution from someone, if not asking too much, in code, for an example of how to do this... I have all my main mechanics working properly, as a semi-authoritative server where players join in, move about, shoot etc. The problem now is how to setup this management through the server instead of using Network.Instantiate (wich is what I´m using right now). I´ve been trying to figure this out but I really have no clue and need some help on this.

Could someone?

Thanks in advance,