Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Client can't reconnect

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by cunibon, May 21, 2022.

1. cunibon

cunibon

Hello,
    I have a problem with Netcode for gameobjects.
    When a client first joins a Server everything works fine, but if he leaves and tries to reconnect "NetworkManager.Singleton.ConnectedClientsIds.Count" will say there a 2 clients but the client wont be taken to the new scene as he normaly would, instead he stays in the main scene. I also get an error stating:
    "MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'NetworkObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it."
    but all the code executet befor is also in netcode so I dont think it is my code. I have attached a file with that error and everything that follows after that.
    When I restart the host the client can join again.
    This really confuses me as there isnt even a player prefab or anything i spawn. All Objects are spawned and owned by the host. I also attached a file with my NetworkManager settings.
    When I get thrown to the main menu there would be 2 NetworkManager so I attached this script:

static NetworkManagerSingleton instance;

public void Awake()
    {
    if(instance == null)
    instance = this;
    else
    {
    Destroy(gameObject);
    return;
    }

DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject);
    }

I use "NetworkManager.Singleton.Shutdown();" to close the previous connection.
    This is really messing things up, if you have any idea it would be great. I am probably just blind to something obvious.

Attached Files:

2. cunibon

cunibon

Just to clarify I believe this is a bug as all the errors point to netcode not my scripts, but my debug knowledge is also quite limited.