Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Client can't connect to relay allocation on

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by bluepilkintonching, Nov 29, 2022.

1. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Hi there! I've recently started development on a multiplayer game, where I'm working at home and at University. I've noticed that it seems to be struggling to connect the client to the relay allocation, (only working about 5% of the time) whilst it works when I'm testing at home 100% of the time. What's more confusing is that other services like Lobby seem to he working, fine. Creating a relay allocation seems to work fine as well. But connecting the client to it, doesn't want to work.

The error I'm getting is a relay 404.

I got in touch with the Tech support, to see if they might have a guess as to how to fix the issue. They said that they need more information to how Relay works and such to be able to diagnose the problem.

IT guy: In order to potentially investigate this further, can you gather more detailed information from the student? Find out what the proxy server is, what is the IP address and ports it uses are. What and how are they connecting to it. List all the software involved and what the method and process is.

What I information can I pass onto the Tech support? / What might be causing this issue?

Thanks!
    Blue

2. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Never mind the problem seems to have fixed itself:?

3. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

Good to read that the issue went away, but if it comes back or you have any other issues with Unity Relay, I'd suggest posting on their dedicated section of the forum. You're likely to get more answers there.