Search Unity

Bug Client build gets almost always stuck at "compiling shader variants" with 0% CPU usage.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Oniros88, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Oniros88

Oniros88

It takes me usually more than a hour to get a build to run without getting stuck like this. This happens since some time ago in beta. Tried alpha, same. I can't go back to release since beta/alpha solves a lot of important bugs I had before in the built game.

Not only that but now client builds also ALWAYS trigger the complete shader variant compilation thing, making a build last hours even if I literally didn't change anything. Before as long as I did not change anything very important this would not happen and the build would end in 1 minute.

When I build as Server I have a script that OnProcessShader it clears ShaderCompilerData, making it skip shaders. These builds ALWAYS run on the first attempt, and complete in under 2 minutes, no matter how drastic are the changes I make to the project, even if I rebuild navmeshdata or whole scenes.

The client, and specifically the shader compilation is whats causing me so many problems. I don't know what to do anymore and it is slowing down my work a lot.

2. Oniros88

Oniros88

No one?