Search Unity

Question Client and Server only baking issue

Discussion in 'DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A' started by optimise, Dec 8, 2022.

1. optimise

optimise

Did official aware of at 1.0.0-pre.15 release, Client and Server only baking no longer working properly that previously at exp.13 release baker will trigger all the NetcodeConversionTarget.Client, NetcodeConversionTarget.Server and NetcodeConversionTarget.ClientAndServer which is the correct behavior but now only trigger NetcodeConversionTarget.ClientAndServer?

2. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

If I understand what you are saying is that while baking you are retrieving the NetcodeConversionTarget and it has changed which enum it will return in some scenarios.

The method this.GetNetcodeTarget(bool) is world dependent, so a client-only world will return Client, server worlds will return Server and all other worlds will return ClientAndServer.

If you can provide me with more information I will be happy to help you.

3. optimise

optimise

Thanks for reply. Previously at 1.0.0-exp.13, it will walk through all the NetcodeConversionTarget enums i.e. NetcodeConversionTarget.Client, NetcodeConversionTarget.Server and
    NetcodeConversionTarget.ClientAndServer which I believe it's correct behavior. So it will properly setup client world entity with its client components and server world entity with its server components.
    But now at 1.0.0-pre.15, it will only walk through NetcodeConversionTarget.ClientAndServer and just skip NetcodeConversionTarget.Client and NetcodeConversionTarget.Server which completely breaks my production project which those component setup failed to add to client world entity and server world entity. I think next ecs release should fix this behavior back to 1.0.0-exp.13 behavior.

4. miniwolf_unity

miniwolf_unity

Unity Technologies

We will look into this and figure out if we can reproduce it. If you have any additional information to reproduce this it would be great.

Does this happen when baking in the editor, or is it only when you build the player?

optimise likes this.
  5. optimise

optimise

Just baking in the editor u already can see it's not working as expected