Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Clicking on project set to Unity version that isn't installed should prompt users to install it.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by WotC_CharlieH, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WotC_CharlieH

WotC_CharlieH

We recently upgraded to 2018.1.6f, and with that I recommended folks install and start using Unity hub, as we have a few different unity versions being used by the project in different stages of being shipped out to our players. Hub is great for making sure you open those different versions of the project in the right version of Unity!

... if you have the right version of Unity installed already.

Unfortunately, it looks like only the latest, latest version per minor version of a Unity release can be installed manually from the hub. When I told people to use Hub, they could install 2018.1.6 from it. Now, they have to go download it manually, then locate it manually, before Hub is useful, because only 2018.1.8 is available in the hub.

It'd be great if clicking on a project that is set to a Unity version you don't have installed would also present you with the option to install that version.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thanks for recommending hub to folks and your valuable suggestions.
    This missing feature (and various solutions for that) is requested many times in the forum, and we are working on the best solution. I personally like yours, but it is our product team call. I will share it with them.

Thanks,
    Afshin

Estecka likes this.
  3. NWalker_FGOL_Ubisoft

NWalker_FGOL_Ubisoft

4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Not yet.
    We are working on v2 of the product, which includes many of the requested features. But for this one, it is still in our backlog, but not on the top.

We'll keep you posted.