Search Unity

Clicker/Tapper NPC damage + item drop + new enemy spawn

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by FlashGear, Jul 24, 2018.

1. FlashGear

FlashGear

Hi guys,

I'm very new to Game Dev+Unity as a whole and was wondering if someone could assist,

Currently I'm trying to make a tapper/clicker game and struggling to find out how to get my NPC to take damage, loose health, die, drop and item and a new enemy then spawns. This is all through just tapping with a mouse or phone screen.

I've hunted for tutorials on something similar but can't seem to find what I'm looking for

Can anyone offer some guidance on this? Even if it's just for taking damage, dying and reappearing

Thank you :)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

This is a common newbie mistake. Don't hunt for tutorials on something similar. Go to the Learn section, and work your way through the tutorials that are there. They are similar enough, in that they are about Unity! Don't expect to find a tutorial very much like the game in your head; in fact don't even worry about the game in your head until you've spent at least a couple months learning how to use Unity in general.

Until you've done that, you won't even know enough to ask specific questions. After you've done that, you'll be able to figure out most of it yourself, and what you can't figure out, you'll know how to ask.

It's like woodworking. You have an idea for a great moose-shaped bookshelf. You've never so much as used a hammer or saw, so you look for tutorials on using power tools to make moose-shaped bookshelves. You can't find any, of course. Does it matter? No. You need to learn how to use the tools, and any woodworking tutorial will teach you that, regardless of what they have you building.