Search Unity

click to move (VR , Oculus Go)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by unity_hKU6RrD3VQ1ICg, Feb 8, 2019.

1. unity_hKU6RrD3VQ1ICg

unity_hKU6RrD3VQ1ICg

upload_2019-2-9_1-16-33.png

I am new to unity and not developer , am an architect

i have made a vr app for Oculus Go with teleporting method , but i need to make the camera move forward with the controller press(fire)
    how can i do that ?
    attached is my hierarchy

2. EoinOF

EoinOF

Have you checked out the sample oculus framework? From what I remember that asset package will have a controller script for walking in your Oculus Go unity_hKU6RrD3VQ1ICg

3. cgarchitekt

cgarchitekt

Hi unity_hKU6RrD3VQ1ICg,

I am also an architect and look like you for such a solution for my first experiments in VR with the Occulus Go.
    you have found a solution in the meantime.
    I would be very pleased about an answer from you
    Regards
    cgarchitekt

4. joelybahh

joelybahh

Hey! Point and click movement with the GO will be supported in our asset very very soon (link here).
    Otherwise, feel free to check our website, we do VR for architecture. https://https:www.inspacexr.com

If you like also (If you're feeling like getting a bit technical), I can send you some basic code that should help get you started! :D

5. cgarchitekt

cgarchitekt

Dear joelybahh,

I need to explain, that I do not have any clients for which I'm developing visualisations. I do experimenting for my own pleasure with the Occulus Go as I did before with developing an Android App that's running on my old Samsung S4 mobile phone. I've attached a pic of that here: AndroidApp.jpg .

I only tried to learn Unity first and afterwards UE4 for my own further education.
    Therefor I do not have any budget to purchase assets or pay for assistance. I'm only be able to go forward with whats free available. But I'm rather the creative artist developer and not the software developer. Therefore it's a bit more tough for me to be successful.
    Thank you very much for your message.
    Regards
    cgArchitekt

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  6. joelybahh

joelybahh

That's ok! I'm happy to answer simple questions if you need :)