Search Unity

Click and drag file from browser to Unity editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by games28, Dec 31, 2014.

1. games28

games28

I’m doing my first steps in Unity and I try to do an exercise I’ve read in a book. In the Project View I create a folder named Models under the Assets folder. Then I have to locate a file called Torus.fbx on the browser. The book says: “With both the operating system’s file browser and the Unity editor open and side by side, click and drag the Torus.fbx file from the file browser into the Models folder that you created.” The problem is that when I locate the file Torus.fbx I have to save it on my desktop in my computer. From there when I click and drag the file from the desktop to the Unity editor which is open this action is not allowed by the operating system (Vista). I can’t click and drag the file Torus.fbx from the desktop to the Unity editor. So I’m stuck. Actually the book says that the click and drag action is performed while the file browser is open. However, when I click on the link of file browser where the file is located I don’t have the choice of click and drag. First, I have to save the file on my computer and then locate the file and click and drag. But this action as I said is denied. So I’m stuck.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

3. games28

games28

Hi. Thanks for helphing me. I’ve tried on my laptop which runs Windows 8 but I still have the same problem. I can’t click and drag a file saved on my computer to Unity editor. What could be wrong?