Search Unity

Bug CLI v0.11.0 release issues

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by JakubTrailmix, Apr 26, 2022.

1. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Hello, just wanted to get some more info on the 0.11.1 release found in the dashboard and release notes from here https://forum.unity.com/threads/clo...e-notes-and-known-issues.980223/#post-8077622

Since yesterday night we are struggling uploading any content through the previous versions of cli (0.10.9), out upload times went suddenly from ~30s to 7m for smaller buckets, our main content upload used to be around 10-15m and now takes around 1h30m.

When trying to update to 0.11.1 and trying to start using the environment it keeps telling us that the provided argument is broken.

Up until now we have not been using environments as we haven't used remote config, just the CCD.
    The only environment data that we can find in the dashboard is related to Remote Config - and we only have the default "production" one which is not being accepted by the CLI.

On top of that I don't see a way to preview the CCD environment data or versions of the buckets in different environments.

None of the documentations have been yet updated apart from the API documentation and the release notes so it's hard to find info but we are now in a situation where we are trying to prepare release builds and we're waiting for hours for the uploads to finish drastically slowing our QA turnaround for builds from 25 minutes to 2h.

Is there an ongoing issue or not everything was deployed in the dashboard that we cannot seem to find the CCD environment view or data, or is there something going on with old versions of CLI that causes issues with updates?

Also is the RemoteConfig environment the one that we should be passing in the CLI as we cannot find any other info in the dashboards, if yes it doesn't seem to work

I know it's a lot but I would really appreciate any info about the status of the above so I can update the team and build some expectation if there are ongoing issues.
    If we're the only ones having this problem... I think we need help :p

Kind regards,
    Jakub

2. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Ah sorry forgot to mention we are using the `ucd entries sync` command to upload all files from specific folders

3. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Just noticed there is a service disruption in Europe now in the status page

4. ryan_ngo

ryan_ngo

Unity Technologies

Hi @JakubTrailmix, Yes currently, we're undergoing an issue with a deployment that we did yesterday. We think we know what the issue is and are working to deploy the fix as soon as possible. I will make sure to comment again once we've resolved the issue to confirm whether you're still running into this same issue. We believe that this should clear up your long upload issues.

The CCD environment data you're referring to should be the same environment that RemoteConfig uses and is the same environment in the dashboard. You should be able to find this info in the Dashboard > Projects > Environments in order to get the EnvironmentId.

Hope that answers your questions! If there's any confusion, please don't hesitate to ask!

SebT_Unity likes this.
  5. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Thanks for the info @ryan_ngo

Ah, ok yeah I thought it was that but the placement under Remote Config did misled me a bit.

Just to double confirm: tried that environment id and it didn't work.

We'll deal with the uploads times then, thanks for confirming that!
    Looking forward to an update!

Good luck!

6. ryan_ngo

ryan_ngo

Unity Technologies

So we just deployed an update to our service. Could you validate if you're still running into a similar issue with the slow upload times? Also could you elaborate more on what you tried? the exact reproduction steps.

Thanks!

7. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Hey @ryan_ngo , thanks, kicked off a build and will know soon if it's better.

For the slowdown I have noticed yesterday evening that the upload step was supposedly not completing, so just for the sake of it I restarted the build ... and went to sleep in the morning I noticed it did finish but took 1:15 to complete.

Then today any build was similarly, few minutes to build Android / iOS and an 1:15-30 to upload

I noticed there was an update to the cli yesterday, got that and discovered the environments.
    Note on that - please put the link to release notes to the forum page on the CLI download page - I wasn't aware of what exactly the changes were and what environments were and it took me a good few hours before I managed to find the forum page. In my mind I was digging through docs which in most places were outdated, the only mention I found through the links ono the dashboard I found was to the API docs https://content-api.cloud.unity3d.com/doc/#/ and here testing any of the environment based calls with my authenticated key + project id didn't work, deprecated ones worked fine.

Checked the status page around the morning but there was no info about any issues.

I tried running the same locally from command line, always getting a environment issue. All calls config, sync, release, buckets and such return a version of a environment issue.

./ucd config set environment production
    {"code":1,"details":["invalid environment_id production"],"reason":"Invalid argument"}

At this point I assumed something is broken on your side, fiddled a bit more with creating new environments / buckets to check if maybe some of our buckets needed extra config - but nothing changed.

Reverted to the previous version of the CLI and wrote the forum post

8. JakubTrailmix

JakubTrailmix

Hey @ryan_ngo, just wanted to confirm all works good now the sync has completed in 3 minutes, back down from 1h13m.

Thanks for solving that!

I'll postpone updating of the CLI to 0.11 for now as I need to get the build out to testing and submission but will ping this thread in the next few days when I do if I find any issues.