Search Unity

Clear flag bug in orthogonal cameras

Discussion in 'Flash' started by DDowell, Sep 19, 2013.

1. DDowell

DDowell

It seems that if you resize the Flash container the orthogonal cameras get's confused as to how their depth clearing is set up.

If you change the camera rectangle to keep the aspect ratio of the cameras as they where, the clear flag is not being honored anymore. This occurs at the moment the height is larger than the width. Until that point, it works. After that point, the clear flag is always regarded as set to "solid color".

If one asks the camera for its clear flag it will still report depth only (or don't clear) but it still clears with a solid (gray) color.

We (/my company) has filed a bug on this but haven't heard anything back from Unity. This is a troubling bug in that it basically prevents any sort of scaling of the flash container, css gets a lot trickier and the customer gets pissed off.

Any hope of getting this fixed? (looking at you RalphH ;))

2. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Please report a bug. What version are you using ? We fixed a similar bug for 4.3, so this might already be solved (but with a bug we'll be able to validate that).

3. DDowell

DDowell

Report another one? We already have a ticket with you guys on this but it has got no love from you guys since we first filed it (in November last year). That's why I tried a more direct approach. I can dig up the ticket ID if you like (as soon as I can access my work computer).

4. DDowell

DDowell

I don't know if you saw my personal message regarding the bug number of the bug report we posted. Is there any hope for this to get fixed?

5. BeforeTheLight

BeforeTheLight

Hey dont know if you are still having this issue but what I have found as a work around is to call camera.clearFlags = CameraClearFlags.DepthOnly or what ever you want to set it to and it will restart clearing properly. Using unity 4.3.