Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Clear Data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by smitchell, Mar 2, 2015.

1. smitchell

smitchell

Hey,

My game is about to go live, but my dashboard is populated with data from while I was testing, I kinda want to clear this data so all my data will be from real users!

Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks!

2. emiliza_gutierrez

emiliza_gutierrez

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately at the moment we don't support clearing data. If you really want a clean-slate I'd suggest making a new project, and integrate with the new project ID. Sorry!

3. smitchell

smitchell

Ahh that sucks :( I've set up all my funnels etc, transferring all that will be a pain!

But I understand,

Thanks anyways!

4. NatthapolVanasrivilai

NatthapolVanasrivilai

I'm facing the same situation. I hope that clearing testdata will be supported in the near future.

5. hyperhippo

hyperhippo

ya i think this was quite an important missing piece, the SDK doesn't differentiate from data coming from someone testing in the editor vs a build. Your own SDK integration steps, have you testing the Transaction events, and then that event is permanently in your system. I sent a test event for 1234, and it showed up, subsequently I'd have to always have a discrepency between this and other platforms like App Annie.

6. angeloferro

angeloferro

Thanks for the feedback - being able to separate test data from production data is on our roadmap, and once it's available we'll make sure to post in the forums to let everyone know :)

NatthapolVanasrivilai likes this.
  7. kujo

kujo

Any update on this? particularly for test/production data as it makes out stats a little useless at the moment, especially revenue.

If not, is there a way to be able to create some kind of build switch for test/production projects? I use cloud to produce my different builds, so I could easily set something in there to differentiate between the two projects types, I've just not seen a way to change the project ID in code since it was integrated.

Thanks

8. mpinol

mpinol

Hey @kujo,

The ability to clear data and also having test/production data separate on the Dashboard are both on our roadmap, they are pretty high on the list of things to implement!