Search Unity

Cleaning Up Projects without Removing all Data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by jashan, Mar 20, 2018.

1. jashan

jashan

We've had a bug in our game that caused a lot of custom events that should not have been created. The bug is fixed - but the data is still there. I can see that I can disable custom events one by one in the Unity Analytics Dashboard but I'd actually like to completely remove those custom events including all their data, and an automated approach would be necessary because it's a lot of events (about 3.5K).

Is there some API that we could use for that purpose?

I have also seen "Reset the analytics data for this project" but I don't want to delete all data because there is a lot of very valuable data in there, in fact, most of the data is.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@jashan

Unfortunately, we don't really have this functionality. I will pass along your request to our dev team.

This option would only clear the data from the Data Explorer, funnels, and segments. It wouldn't actually clear out the Event Manager, so it wouldn't solve your problem.

3. jashan

jashan

Thank you, that would be great! In the lifetime of a project, it's kind of likely that certain custom events will become obsolete at some point in time ... and bugs in user code can always happen, so having a way to clean up a mess one has created by such a bug would be very welcome ;-)