Search Unity

Clean UI - Bring Your User Interface To Life! [DEMO]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nathanvj, Jul 30, 2018.

1. nathanvj

nathanvj

Overview

Clean UI is an Unity Asset that I created with the purpose of making user interfaces in Unity easily more dynamic. Fading, moving, scaling and even rotation is made easy and can now be done with only one line of code.

All the C# extension methods include summaries as well as parameter descriptions. However I decided to write this documentation as to make Clean UI even easier to use. Several example cases to give you an idea of the possibilities of Clean UI.

Why I Created Clean UI
    When I was making apps in Unity, I was often frustrated at the lack of smooth UI features. For even the smallest effects I had to write an IEnumerators, often leading to messy and unorganized code.

I started thinking: what if I could somehow make these coroutines run in the background using extension methods? That would make my life a lot easier. So there I went, down the path of creating something originally for myself, but later realizing other people might experience the same frustrations.

Features
    - Fading, moving, scaling and rotation with one line of code
    - Supports up to 40 easing types
    - Support to create custom easings
    - Editor Window to setup preferences
    - Great support and money back guarentee!

All the C# extension methods include summaries as well as parameter descriptions. I still decided to write documentation as to make Clean UI even easier to use.

Links

Note: Clean UI is dependent on the Text Mesh Pro asset, which you can download here for free.
    Or preferably download it by using the Unity Package Manager.

Questions or comments? Feel free to contact me at nathanvanjole@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    ZhavShaw and one_one like this.
  2. nathanvj

nathanvj

Bump... any feedback appreciated.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The preferred method of obtaining TMP is now Package Manager.

4. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Interesting. I clicked "Try the demo here" and Firefox gave me a big warning that it was a "Deceptive Website Ahead".

5. nathanvj

nathanvj

It's my portfolio site. I don't know why it's marked as deceptive website... I already alerted Google about it. Maybe if I buy a SSL certificate it'll fix it. I'll try to upload the demo somewhere else in the meanwhile.

6. nathanvj

nathanvj

I'm aware, I mentioned it in my import tutorial on YouTube.

I'll update the post though!

7. one_one

one_one

Your website seems to be down. The most important part of UI animations, in my opinion, is how easily it can be integrated into an existing UI development workflow, so being able to look at the documentation is an absolute must before buying. It might also be a good idea to show some code samples in images on the asset store. Ideally, you'd have a quick video that shows any potentially necessary set up, then how to write the few lines of code that are needed for an animation. The end of the video then shows the resulting animated UI.

StevenPicard likes this.