Search Unity

1. We would like to hear your feedback about Unity and our products. Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

"Clean Build" still loads a Library cache (but from where?)

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by DeFaler, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DeFaler

DeFaler

Description of issue:
    Today, after fighting some weird issues where some feature would work in my editor but not on the devices we install the builds to, I decided to do a Clean Build in the Cloud Build for the project. The build was finished surprisingly fast, but also a weird mix of failure and success: the build logs said it was a failure, but a message was posted to our Slack channel stating success. It also publishes an APK to the 'Share' location.
    The real problem I have is that it did not perform a real Clean Build - it threw away a cache, but somehow loaded a different - older - one. The errors in the build log, for example, do not reflect the latest version of the code, even though the "Changes" tab in Cloud Build does.
    I am sure I have seen a message in the "compact log" about not finding the library while it was building, but that message is not in the current logs anymore. Instead, they contain a message about fetching a library.

Unity version:
    Should be 2017.4.14f1 in Cloud Build, but loads a cache for 2017.1.1f1 (which we used to build with until recently)

Source control:
    Git repository. Not sure what to say here. Pull seems to work fine.

Local build platform:
    MacOS or Windows, using Unity 2017.4.14f1

Build target:
    - Dev - Ug* Eng* Rea* 123 (Name has been trimmed because of NDA - it's a little too informative about the project - but the staff should be able to find it based on this info. If not, contact me via PM or e-mail). It's configured to build for Android, using Unity 2017.4.14f1. Build #34 was the one where we did the "Clean" build.

Project name:
    943-w*rea*123*ug* (Name has been trimmed because of NDA-related stuff (it's a little too informative about the project) but the staff should be able to find it based on this info. If not, contact me via PM or e-mail)

Build log (relevant chunk):
    31: Download of cache file library_2017_1_1f1 finished, size is 581233345 bytes
    [...*snip*...]
    42: [Unity] COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    43: [Unity] /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2017_1_1f1/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity
    [...*snip*...]
    65: [Unity] Initialize engine version: 2017.1.1f1 (5d30cf096e79)

Does it build locally from a fresh checkout?
    Irrelevant to the issue at hand.

2. DeFaler

DeFaler

Update: a subsequent "Clean Build" did perform a full re-import of the Library.