Search Unity

Classic Game, design challenge #1

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ostrich160, Apr 1, 2015.

1. ostrich160

ostrich160

I remember there were one of these a few weeks ago, I loved it, so I thought I'd make another.

The aim is simple. Turn this classic board (or at least physical in some way) game into a PC game with a twist applied to it.

The board game this time is: Subbuteo

2. El Maxo

El Maxo

Just a quick google shows them little football pucks like game, my first suggestion would be make it include combat, but it would then just basically turn it into blood bowl

3. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

How about Mobile? Instead of flicking the pieces, you do an angry birds style, pull-release-slingshot. Then, you make it mobile, and you play it real-time. Could be played vs AI, though would be hecka fun as a really fast multiplayer activity. Then, you build in other fun-mechanics so it's not just a mad rush. Maybe units have an 'energy bar'. Maybe they have a number of 'taps' that refreshes over time. Maybe you could add random obstacles and events - like puddles, or holes. Maybe players can spawn hidden 'traps' almost like class-based skills in an RPG. Maybe sometimes, the players collide, maybe on some boards, the players slip around more (and yet have more energy/moves). Lots could be done. Sounds fun.

Gigi