Search Unity

Games Clash of Eagles - Testers & Input needed

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by stevierof, Sep 20, 2018.

1. stevierof

stevierof

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some testers for my WW2 themed, topdown flying game.

Testing basically comes down to testing out the core structure and balance of the game.

What is Clash of Eagles (COE)
    COE is a game where you fight against other players amongst friends. It's a multiplayer only envoirnment.
    Currently you are able to select different kinds of aircraft which you can use to fight the other players or attack each other's base. The eventual gamemode is undecided as of yet.

Controlling your aircraft
    After you have selected a side (blue or red), and you have selected your aircraft, you are taken to your base after you pressed "Fly".

To takeoff, press "W" once. Your aircraft will start to roll. Use your mousepointer to direct (steer) the plane. The plane will try to steer towards the pointer of the mouse. Depending on the type of aircraft you will turn faster (or slower) towards it.
    As being a tester, I would like to ask you to provide tips on balancing the different play styles.

After you are airborne, you'll see a 'skill bar' in the bottom of the screen. You can activate these skills using the following keys:

SPACE - (hold) for radar
    Q - press for a looping
    E - press to perform an Immelman (reverse direction)
    F- press to toggle the altitude layer (high or low)

Every skill has a certain amount of time to reset (cooldown) and this is shown as a moving circle before it's ready to be used again.

Every skill has certain 'conditions' which need to be met before you can perform it. If you are not within the condition limits the skill will turn RED. If it's ready to use it will turn GREEN.

Looping conditions (Q)
    Near top speed and a low banking angle (close to flying straight line)

Immelman conditions (E) and Altitude layer (F)
    At fast enough speed and low banking angle (close to flying straight line)

Radar (SPACE)
    No conditions

Attacking targets
    Use your left mouse to fire your primary weapon (guns) and your right for secondary.
    At this moment ALL planes except the JU52 have guns on primary.
    The JU52 is a special plane and drops paratroopers with left mouse.

At this moment ALL planes exept the JU87 have rockets on secondary.
    The Ju87 has bombs on secondary.

Locking targets
    You may lock a target to be able to follow it around more easily. This system is under heavy finetuning. We would like your feedback on this.

Press TAB to lock a target. It needs to be in front of you (about 60 degree angle cone ahead) and withing the 3 ring of the radar.

Capturing a base
    Allthough this function is already fully implemented, it will remain disabled for the first test period.
    You can however destroy the anti air (the white squares at the bases) which repair after 5 minutes.

Installing and patching the game
    You'll first need a download to the launher. Please PM me for details on how to obtain it. I have limited slots for testing periods. After that you may use the launcher to start the game as it provides auto-updates.