Search Unity

Clash of Clan Type game

Discussion in 'World Building' started by devinronan52890, Aug 8, 2022.

1. devinronan52890

devinronan52890

I was busy creating a clash of clan type game. The biggest challenge i faced was created the towers and changing them as they are upgraded to different levels. I think I have completed 70% of the game. I was so engrossed in building this that I left all my classes. I stopped going to college. I even had to avail finance assignment help to pass my class. I am thinking of stopping to build the game. If anyone wishes to continue this, let me know. I will share everything with you.

2. allanlorenz1402

allanlorenz1402

I was always addicted to games and clash of clans was biggest of them all. I spent most of my childhood playing this game even when i was doing my high school. those long upgrades, wars, CWL, events and collecting materials was so fun but it took a lot of time didn't it sparing no times for studies and then my grades started to decline. So, I found myself a shortcut of some sort and provided me with finance assignment help. Let me know if you need the same.

3. unity_6C82258DF4F967069335

unity_6C82258DF4F967069335

How can I implement the functionality of shop system like in clash of clans into unity project. I used simple snap to make it look similar, but it is not working. Can anyone help or suggest something related to make the function of shop system in clash of clan in my unity project

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I would start with tutorials.

These things (inventory, shop systems, character customization, crafting, etc) are fairly tricky hairy beasts, definitely deep in advanced coding territory.

They contain elements of:

- a database of items that you may possibly possess / equip
    - a database of the items that you actually possess / equip currently
    - perhaps another database of your "storage" area at home base?
    - persistence of this information to storage between game runs
    - presentation of the inventory to the user (may have to scale and grow, overlay parts, clothing, etc)
    - interaction with items in the inventory or on the character or in the home base storage area
    - interaction with the world to get items in and out
    - dependence on asset definition (images, etc.) for presentation

Just the design choices of an inventory system can have a lot of complicating confounding issues, such as:

- can you have multiple items? Is there a limit?
    - if there is an item limit, what is it? Total count? Weight? Size? Something else?
    - are those items shown individually or do they stack?
    - are coins / gems stacked but other stuff isn't stacked?
    - do items have detailed data shown (durability, rarity, damage, etc.)?
    - can users combine items to make new items? How? Limits? Results? Messages of success/failure?
    - can users substantially modify items with other things like spells, gems, sockets, etc.?
    - does a worn-out item (shovel) become something else (like a stick) when the item wears out fully?
    - etc.

Your best bet is probably to write down exactly what you want feature-wise. It may be useful to get very familiar with an existing game so you have an actual example of each feature in action.

Once you have decided a baseline design, fully work through two or three different inventory tutorials on Youtube, perhaps even for the game example you have chosen above.

Breaking down a large problem such as inventory:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/weapon-inventory-and-how-to-script-weapons.1046236/#post-6769558

If you want to see most of the steps involved, make a "micro inventory" in your game, something whereby the player can have (or not have) a single item, and display that item in the UI, and let the user select that item and do things with it (take, drop, use, wear, eat, sell, buy, etc.).

Everything you learn doing that "micro inventory" of one item will apply when you have any larger more complex inventory, and it will give you a feel for what you are dealing with.

When you do tutorials, be sure you are doing them correctly or else you won't learn.

Tutorials and example code are great, but keep this in mind to maximize your success and minimize your frustration:

How to do tutorials properly, two (2) simple steps to success:

Step 1. Follow the tutorial and do every single step of the tutorial 100% precisely the way it is shown. Even the slightest deviation (even a single character!) generally ends in disaster. That's how software engineering works. Every step must be taken, every single letter must be spelled, capitalized, punctuated and spaced (or not spaced) properly, literally NOTHING can be omitted or skipped.

Fortunately this is the easiest part to get right: Be a robot. Don't make any mistakes.
    BE PERFECT IN EVERYTHING YOU DO HERE!!

If you get any errors, learn how to read the error code and fix your error. Google is your friend here. Do NOT continue until you fix your error. Your error will probably be somewhere near the parenthesis numbers (line and character position) in the file. It is almost CERTAINLY your typo causing the error, so look again and fix it.

Step 2. Go back and work through every part of the tutorial again, and this time explain it to your doggie. See how I am doing that in my avatar picture? If you have no dog, explain it to your house plant. If you are unable to explain any part of it, STOP. DO NOT PROCEED. Now go learn how that part works. Read the documentation on the functions involved. Go back to the tutorial and try to figure out WHY they did that. This is the part that takes a LOT of time when you are new. It might take days or weeks to work through a single 5-minute tutorial. Stick with it. You will learn.

Step 2 is the part everybody seems to miss. Without Step 2 you are simply a code-typing monkey and outside of the specific tutorial you did, you will be completely lost. If you want to learn, you MUST do Step 2.

Of course, all this presupposes no errors in the tutorial. For certain tutorial makers (like Unity, Brackeys, Imphenzia, Sebastian Lague) this is usually the case. For some other less-well-known content creators, this is less true. Read the comments on the video: did anyone have issues like you did? If there's an error, you will NEVER be the first guy to find it.

Beyond that, Step 3, 4, 5 and 6 become easy because you already understand!

Finally, when you have errors, don't post here... just go fix your errors! Here's how:

Remember: NOBODY here memorizes error codes. That's not a thing. The error code is absolutely the least useful part of the error. It serves no purpose at all. Forget the error code. Put it out of your mind.

The complete error message contains everything you need to know to fix the error yourself.

The important parts of the error message are:

- the description of the error itself (google this; you are NEVER the first one!)
    - the file it occurred in (critical!)
    - the line number and character position (the two numbers in parentheses)
    - also possibly useful is the stack trace (all the lines of text in the lower console window)

Always start with the FIRST error in the console window, as sometimes that error causes or compounds some or all of the subsequent errors. Often the error will be immediately prior to the indicated line, so make sure to check there as well.

Look in the documentation. Every API you attempt to use is probably documented somewhere. Are you using it correctly? Are you spelling it correctly?

All of that information is in the actual error message and you must pay attention to it. Learn how to identify it instantly so you don't have to stop your progress and fiddle around with the forum.

5. unity_6C82258DF4F967069335

Thank you
    I appreciate that but I want to know a simple logic behind scrolling effect in that game in coc.
    there are 3 buttons if I press one button it will scroll to that specific content. Or if I scroll the content to next content, it will automatically switch the button. I want that to apply first in the shop system after that I'll follow your advice @Kurt-Dekker.And will do other function too.

6. unity_6C82258DF4F967069335

To detect the scroll has reached the end is ok but when it comes to like I have 4 scroll rect in my project and they are aligned like one is parent scrollrect and others are there chid of that parent scroll but the problem is that after the first scroll child go to the last position it do not go to the second child of the parent scroll. What can I do to achieve that?? Is there any method that I can call to activate the parent scroll which will go to the Second child of the parent scroll and Vise-versa????