Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Clarification on who is affected by the download fee being applied to Unity Developers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draugrlord, Nov 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draugrlord

Draugrlord

Sorry if my question is confusing, I wasn't sure how to word it in a single sentence. Basically, I am wanting to know exactly who is getting affected by the new system being implemented where developers will face a fee for each of their games that are downloaded using the Unity engine starting next year if I read that correctly. I have read the different forums as well as the articles that have discussed and gone over the latest updates to how this exactly will work but I'd rather be safe rather than sorry.

If my understanding is correct, the only developers that will be affected are ones that use Unity Pro and not the ones using Unity Personal? I have Unity Personal, and I believe I read where the fee that originally was going to be put on those using personal was taken away and only Pro users are affected?

I understand a lot of people, myself included, hate what Unity is wanting to do to developers and will probably simply respond with quit using Unity or something but I currently have a good sized project that is almost ready for a demo release and I would hate to have to give it up or try and migrate it to an entirely new engine that might not even accept it or an engine that I would have to purchase in order to use.

So, any clarification on if those using Unity Personal will be affected by the developer fee would be greatly appreciated.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

3. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

If you have to ask, you are not affected.

4. spiney199

spiney199

5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Answered multiple times. Please read existing posts and discussions.
    Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.