Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification on build targets

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by BabouDev, Dec 14, 2018.

1. BabouDev

BabouDev

Hello,

Firstly I wanna say that this is very exciting and looking forward to working with this new tech stack. Just a few clarification questions. So from my understanding Unity tiny supports HTML5 via webgl. When I try to run the game on an android device however, the game runs very choppy and slow in the chrome browser. Is this a limitation of webgl or chrome?

Also, as it was mentioned that future platfroms and build target will be supported, how soon can we expect the apps to be built directly into android apks or windows exe? Although it's a tough question to answer, if a reasonable date was given I can decide if this tech stack was meant for me or for other purposes.

Other than that, really love the examples and support you guys are giving. Thanks a lot!

2. Maras

Maras

The demo game have quite low FPS and input delays for me as well on mobile Chromium based browsers, but it works vey well on FF.

3. MBest_Unity

MBest_Unity

Administrator

Can you give us a bit more info on the device you are running on? Might help us track down the issue. Looking for make and model.

4. Maras

Maras

Samsung Galaxy XCover4 SM-G390F

Android 8.1.0
    Brave: 1.0.71 / Chromium 71.0.3578.83
    Chrome: 71.0.3578.98

5. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

6. BabouDev

BabouDev

Sorry for the late reply. I am using a Xiaomi mi max 2
    Android 7.1.1 NMF26F
    Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
    Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
    Adreno 506

Will update and check as well. Thanks for the response

7. Maras

Maras

Works much better when I exported it with 0.13.4 compared to the original project demo!

It still works a bit better in FF, but at least now it is playable in Chromium as well. The input works much more accurately too.

8. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

good to hear that :)
    we will do more performance improvements in the upcoming releases

Maras likes this.
  9. fermmmm

fermmmm

Nobody answered the post questions, he asked about android .apk support, I want to know that too. Can we have like 4mb apk games?, now we are using libgdx (java) to be able to build games that small. Being able to use Unity is a dream.

roma2roma likes this.