Search Unity

Claiming the second Essentials Pack (existing Plus/Pro members)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kapopixel, Nov 24, 2017.

1. kapopixel

kapopixel

I am a Plus member and I got the email "Get 2 Essentials Packs + 10% Discount on Plus/Pro" today.

Simply wonder if this is valid for faithful existing Plus/Pro members.

Is there anyone else hoping to claim their second Essentials Pack ?

2. DrDrimixar

DrDrimixar

Bump, I want to know that too. I felt really cheated when I saw that news! It feels to me not really fair because I bought Plus license with 1 essentials pack and now I can't afford to buy another license just for the second pack.

3. DrDrimixar

DrDrimixar

It just feels like Unity screwed us over. Oh well, I guess no additional pack for existing people that already had 1 pack redeemed. I lost my trust a little in Unity and their marketing. Will think thrice before buying something from them in the future.

4. Dreamback

Dreamback

It's a sale, anything you buy will be available cheaper later. Just like if you buy something on Steam, and a month later a Steam Sale happens, you don't get the price difference refunded. Shouldn't have anything to do with "trust".

As for "buying another license just for the second pack", realize that these are normal assets sold in the asset store, you can just buy the ones that interest you there.

5. sngdan

sngdan

Unity certainly could improve their clarity in communications and optimize their processes.

On the positive, they honor what they are saying. I initially purchased plus with 1 pack more than a year ago with a 12 month prepaid deal, then switched to monthly and purchased a 12 month prepaid again during the cyber Monday week, it included 2 asset packs and was valid for existing customers. I have in total received 3x asset packs with the two 12 month prepaid licenses. Not that I really need them :)