Search Unity

Claim in the Asset Store reviews that 95% of US banks don't have Swift codes is false.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by goat, Mar 31, 2015.

1. goat

goat

There is a claim in an Asset Store review that 95% of US banks don't have Swift codes. That is false. All banks, even the rinky dink bank I'm at have Swift codes, even if via a parent bank, and access to international wire transfers. One of the 1st tasks I was hired by an international bank to do was troubleshoot the protocol underlying those Swift transfers and believe me, the banks only implemented Swift at the insistence of the US and other world governments.

The reviewer needs to talk to someone at that bank that knows what is going on at his bank and not someone that is blowing him off because they can't be bothered to do their job.

2. bobbylee

bobbylee

From bankshelp, after trying to get my banks swift code.

"Most of the credit unions and small banks in USA doesn't have the connectivity to swift network and thus does not have a Swift Code, IBAN or other international routing codes, so you can't directly receive international funds in your account with credit unions/ banks. "

I live in a rural area, and the only handy bank here is in this category (no parent bank). So I am waiting on another way. I do not want to open another bank account and pay fees for it just for an Ad network that I may never earn from.
    But I agree this is not the norm.