Search Unity

City of Chicago Environment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by EmergingMobile, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Would you be interested in purchasing this if I were to complete and sell this on the asset store?

1. Most Defintely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Most likely, as long as the end results look sweet enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not a chance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too early to say without closer to finished photos

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. EmergingMobile

EmergingMobile

Hello all! A while back I began a project that would have became a zombie shooter (similar to dead trigger, but in third person) that would be based in Chicago. Although I spent a lot of time working on the coding, I spent most of my time modeling out the city. As smaller projects and other work began to supersede this one, my allotted development time on this ultimately tapered to zilch. It's been a while since I worked on this, but if memory serves me correct, I spent at least 3 months of more than full time work on modeling this so far. As you can see from these pictures, much work still remains. I still have more geometry to do and all of the texturing (actually, much of the texturing has been done. I need to find my most recent files. I started this about 2 computers ago and didn't do the best job of keeping track of these files.) Anyway, I was curious to see if this would be something you folks might have an interest in. I don't see myself finishing the game anytime soon, but I could get most of this modeling done and up for sell if I felt it had the potential to do well. For anyone familiar with Chicago, it will cover the south part of the Loop. From Van Buren to Monroe North and South, and S Wacker to State Street (may extend to Michigan Ave) East and West. It would include at least 30 uniquely built buildings (matching as close to the real buildings as possible. I was trying to make it as much like Chicago as I could), including notable buildings such as the sears tower (willis tower), The Chicago Board of Trade, Bank of America Building, The Chicago Federal Reserve Building, and more. It would also include the L tracks (elevated train tracks), a portion of the red line (underground tracks), and a parking garage. Anyway, I didn't want to ask how much everyone would be willing to pay without having some of the texture work complete. For now, I will show some screenshots of just the geometry. Thanks for your input! Oh, and one last thing, as this point I have no intention of doing any of the interiors of the buildings, but I do intend on including props, including buses and trains.

NOTE: I would intend to fully texture this with proper shaders as well as add lightmaps. So the end result would look much nicer.